Chart for Tracking Medication

Does anyone know where I can find a good medication chart? My husband just had Triple Bypass Surgery and I really need to keep up with his medications, like what he takes and like 2 or 3 times a day. Some kind of check list to go by. I don't know how to use the programs on the computer. Also what kinds of foods I can give him. Thank you all so much for all the help you have already given.

wvqdz from WV

You can get a pill box that has 7 little separate boxes. Each box has a compartment for 4 separate times of day. I found one in the dollar store.

Here are some links of medication charts. They're all a bit different -- perhaps one fits your needs better than another.

http://www.drsref.com.au/medication_chart.html

http://www.solvaypharma.ca/en/areas/pdf/Medication_Chart.pdf

http://www.americanheart.org/downloadable/heart/49_medchart.pdf

I've been an Open Heart Nurse for 10 years, not to mention my mom had open heart surgery 3 times. You will get through this! Asking questions is the best thing you could be doing. First of all for separating his meds, I've been told the pill boxes work the best. Some of my patients fill a week's worth at a time, and many times a home health nurse will do this for the elderly ones. Maybe you could find a resource throught your MD's office to help you get set up with a system that works for you. As far as diet goes it seems that your husband's heart surgeon or cardiologist would have provided this information prior to his discharge from the hospital! To tell you a cardiac diet is low in sodium and cholesterol with no caffeine is not enough for most people. Inquire as to whether or not you have access to a dietician through your health insurance. When all else fails get on the internet and through a search engine lookup "cardiac diet" and if he is a diabetic add "cardiac ADA diet". ADA stands for the American Diabetic Association and their restrictions must be combined with a cardiac diet if your husband has both conditions. Good luck!

I use three weekly pill cases to keep track of my medications. (I take mine three times a day.) That way, when the pill case is full, I know I haven't taken my pills yet. If it is empty, the opposite is true. You can also buy pill cases that are for one week, but have 4 different little compartments for each day. Both kinds are sold at your drug store.

Also, there is a chart available from www.flylady.net. It is called The Body Clutter Investigator. You can download it for free http://www.flylady.net/pages/body_clutter.asp on this page. Click on Body Clutter Investigator and you will be directed to the page ready to download. This sheet makes it possible to keep track of how many servings of fruits and veggies you've had each day. It includes water consumption. Its all needed for a healthy diet.

Hi,

SUPER--SUPER TIP!!!!!!!!

This is one of the best tips I can give you!

Get weekly pill boxes with 4 compartments, Morning, Noon, Evening, Bed. That is compartments that make a week with 28 places for pills.

I have 5 of them! I do my pills once a month. (28 days).

I order all my pills one time a month, and sit and do them one time a month.

When you use a system like this you can tell at a glance if the right pills were taken or not. This is very important when you can't remember if you took an important pill and don't want to take it again.

I used this system with my Mother and Aunt for their pills 20 years ago and still use it today for myself.

For going out for the day some planners pop out and you can take the day with you. I would put it in a baggie in case it popped open. When traveling I take the whole 7 days with me and use a zip bag.

My 7 day planners have the whole monthly lid that comes off so when I fill it, it's easier. It also will go through the dishwasher top shelf.

I know you asked about a chart, and the other responders have had good sugustions. I've never dealt with a chart so they can help more with that.

I would never go back to doing my pills any other way than this.

They are ready for you to take without opening all those seperate pill bottles each time.

Good Wishes.

I make my own forms for my three boys. They are each on a different medication and therapy regimen for their epilepsy & other disabilities and I put each into a separate three ring binder and I can see at a glance what I have done for the day, what I still need to do, meds left to give, etc. I like making my own forms because each of my boys need different "charting". One only takes medication twice a day and needs no therapies or anything else charted. One needs EVERYTHING charted: what he eats, times meds are given, what he drinks, when he goes potty, when his physical, occupational and speech therapies are, cognitive things we may notice... and the third is somewhere in between... the same form for all of the boys would be silly because one needs just a simple med chart and the others need considerably more. The pill boxes are a great idea, I do not use them as I have small children in the house, but that would further uncomplicate our hectic life. The three ring binders travel well to the doctor's office and also makes a great place to store your "list of questions" for the doc! Good luck!

Your Pharmacist can make your medication up in blister packs with the date, time, dose and name of medication on the back of each pop out section so there are no mistakes. Otherwise places like respite centers and hospitals have quite good forms that you could copy.

http://dhi.health.state.nm.us/elibrary/medical_tools/mars.pdf

Try this chart for keeping track of medications. I'm sure you could find a less complicated one - but, you can probably modify it to your needs.

check out:

www.ktdales.com for a complete system

Keeping Track Of Medical Information, Stethoscope on a Medical Chart.
Keeping Track Of Medical Information
Health & Beauty AdviceMay 22, 2006
framed felt and floss color chart
Making an Embroidery Floss and Felt Color Code Chart
Medical supplies surrounding a clipboard with blank page
Keep an Up-to-Date Medication List With You
Growth Chart
Making a Growth Chart for Your Kids
Making a Chore Chart for Children
Making a Chore Chart for Children
🎄