Old Food Stains on a Tablecloth

How do you remove stains from a cotton tablecloth that was washed and stored away for a year? We think it is some kind of food protein. Please help.

Eugene from Newark, OH

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Learned this trick when I had my kids Try some of the product called Lestoil. You can buy it at walmart cheap. Back in the day formula with iron left horriable stains on baby clothes and this is what I used to get them out on clothes that had been given to me that had already been washed. Of course they tried everything to get the stain out but my lestoil got it out every time. You will need to wash it again or hang it out because this cleaner does have a strong smell.

Soak the stains with hydrogen peroxide, leave it until it stops fizzing. Then wash it. May have to repeat several times. Ellen

I wanted to put the white back in a christening dress that had been stored for years. I soaked it in peroxide and warm water. It worked great.

I've had great success with the following soak: 1 scoop Biz, 1 scoop OxyClean, 3/4 cup Ammonia, 1 gallon hot water. Mix all ingredients in a large tub, sink, or plastic bucket. Add the stained linen and let it soak for several hours or even overnight. Every so often with a heavy wooden spoon or stick, agitate the water. Remove and wash as usual in Tide soap. Air dry. by Jani

I have a cotton crochet tablecloth that has turned yellow . I don't know if it is from age or what it had been washed in. How or what can I use to get it white again

Could anyone tell me what 'BIZ' is and where I can find it? Thanks!

Editor's Note: It is a type of laundry detergent. Here is a link with some information, the company website doesn't seem to be working so the product might be no longer available.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biz_(detergent)

BIZ-an old standby from thee 60's and 70's. I found it at Walmart. . online.

BIZ-an old standby from the 60's & 70's. I found it today at Walmart online.

I just found a tablecloth of my mothers, a lot of coffee and food stains on it but the Christmas colors are gorgeous on a white background, how can I treat these stains as they've been their for a long time?

Tea or coffe stain on white cotton tablecloth. Appears cloth was put away for 1year with stain on cloth. Cloth has other colours red and green on the white. Stain is only on white part of tablecloth

white tablecloth
Removing Food Stains from Tablecloths
Home and Garden Cleaning StainsJanuary 4, 2007
Tablecloth Dress
Making a Tablecloth Dress
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
Lace Tablecloth
Repairing a Lace Tablecloth
Family Eating Together Using Placemats
Keeping Your Tablecloth and Placemats Clean
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 1:48:00 PM on 10.0.2.236 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.