Rash on My Elbows

Does anyone have any ideas to help with a skin rash that I've had around my eyebrows for a year now? I've tried night creams, (Mary Kay, Olay) A&D Ointment, AmLactin (from the pharmacy) and a high-priced sample from my doc that also didn't work. It starts flaking, I scrub the dead skin off, apply ointment, then the process starts over. It feels like leather, itches and looks awful.

I want to cure this before I go to a dermatologist!

Any ideas?

Please check out Scalpicin at any pharmacy. This

worked on flaky patches I had in my eyebrows and

scalp. It's good stuff. J.B.

It is probably dandruff. Many people do not know it can be on your skin. Use dandruff shampoo with selenium 2.5% or selsun RX 2.5%. Triamcinolone acetonide cream is helpful. You may need a prescription for these. Try selsen blue shapoo first.

I have this problem too, if I put my elbows on tables. Not knowing what cleaning solution was used and if it's a wooden table that has furniture polished on it, it will break my elbows out as well. I either were long sleeves or keep my elbows down.

For itching and healing, I use "Sarna" lotion.

Could be psoriasis or eczema. Try other solutions and if they don't work see a dermatologist.

I had something similar when I was younger. Turned out to be warts. Just a whole lot of them. Took me years to get rid of it. My mom wouldn't take me to the doctor. I suggest going to the Dermatologist BEFORE you figure it out. He will know for sure.

I get something similar from time to time. I find that keeping the area clean really helps and then putting on some moisturizing lotion. If it itches, some hydrocortisone cream will help.

Really tho, seeing a skin Dr would be your best bet.

Try cutting a grapefruit in half and putting your elbows in it, swirling the half about your elbow and then letting it sit for a bit. The acids are supposed to do wonders and afterwards, keep it very clean and do this once a week or so.

It sounds very much like psoriasis. I have had it for years on my elbows and it cannot be cured only controlled - I use a cream called Psor-Asist avaialble here in Australia but your chemist may have something similar. Stress can cause it to flare up and also some diets which have too much citrus in it can cause problems too. If you take evening primrose oil apparently that can help too and I have also been told that a pro-biotic like Yakult would help. That didn't work for me but who knows there is no harm in trying that unless you're lactose intolerant

If you have had this problem for a year and nothing seems to help, I wouldn't wait til it clears up to see the dermatologist....I would go now. The doc will probably be able to easily diagnose it and provide you with something that will relieve it with no further trial-and-error, guesswork.

Many times persistent skin rash is from yeast problems. It is difficult to control. I use Organix South Thera Neem Leaf and Oil Cream. Glob it on your eyebrows at bedtime and let it soak in all night. Avoid consuming sugar, alcohal and carbs. But eat a lot of pineapple and papaya which contain enzymes that kill yeast. And eat mostly protein and vegetables. I eat free-range and grass fed animal protein to avoid hormones and GMO foods. Hope this helps. It takes a litte time.