Browsing: Cheap Meal Ideas

Beanie Weenies Over Mac & Cheese

This recipe is so economical. For a family of four I buy 2 boxes of mac & cheese at 25 cents each, 2 cans of pork & beans at 33 cents each and a package of hot dog wieners for 50 cents (only use half the package for this recipe). I buy it all at the Sav A Lot store.

Slice half the pack of wieners in small bite size slices and cook in pot of water, drain and set aside. Cook mac & cheese as directed. I add extra milk to make it slightly soupy. Heat the pork & beans in a separate pot and mix in the already heated and drained wiener slices.

To serve, put a large serving of mac & cheese in each persons bowl and top with a portion of the beanie weenie mixture. It has a whole different flavor than if you serve items side by side. My family loves it and we eat it twice a month. Fast and inexpensive.

By Carol

it's really delicious!! You should try browning a pound of ground beef with "creole" seasoning, and adding it to the recipe.

Fork wound with spaghetti and ketsup meal.
Cheap Meal Ideas
Food and Recipes Recipes Cheap MealsOctober 15, 2004
Chili Mac Recipes
Chili Mac Recipes
Blue Cheese and Gruyere Mac and Cheese
Blue Cheese and Gruyere Mac and Cheese
Ricotta cheese on fig leaves on white plate, with cheese knife.
Freezing Ricotta Cheese
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 15, 2016 at 4:08:46 AM on 10.0.1.50 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.