Rubbing Alcohol - Miracle Cleaner!

I use rubbing alcohol for all kinds of cleaning jobs, full strength or diluted (I prefer full strength.)

For most cleaning jobs I keep it in a trigger spray bottle. I use it for cleaning glass and mirrors - it evaporates too NO STREAKS! It is the only thing I've found that will clean the hairspray build-up off the bathroom counters and the wall (won't hurt the wall paper either). Use it to clean and shine appliances, etc.

In the winter it works well to melt the frost on the windshield when your in a hurry! (I even add some to the wiper fluid tank in the car) - won't hurt the paint either.

I shine my stainless steel sinks with it and hundreds of other things too. Diluted with a squirt of dish soap and water it can be used to mop the floors - nicest of all it kills those nasty germs and it's not expensive!

By Pat K from Athens, AL

I also use alcohol in alot of my cleaning and it is the best thing I could have done for myself and my family!

I also have used it to remove permament marker.

Thanks for the tip about using it to wash floors; it's always nice to find another use for it.

A related tip about de-icing vehicle windshields...this past winter a spray of mostly white vinegar w/a little alcohol worked wonderfully.

Sounds like a new great idea. I hate cleaning mirrors and windows so I will try this next time.

Cleaning With Alcohol
Home and Garden Cleaning ProductsMarch 7, 2006
Isopropyl Alcohol
Isopropyl Alcohol Stain on Wood Furniture
Water on Deck
Homemade Deck Cleaner Recipes
Champagne glasses at a wedding.
Serving Alcohol at a Wedding
A bottle of rubbing alcohol.
Fixing Rubbing Alcohol Stains on Wood