Psoriasis on the Eyelids

I have psoriasis on my eyelids. The cream that has been prescribed says "Do Not use around eyes". This condition itches. Does anyone have any recommendations?

By Tracey from Cleveland, OH

I suggest to use T-gel shampoo. It has tar in it & works, use it all over the body, good luck.

Maybe you've already viewed this website, but here's the link to a very informative topic.

http://psoriasi  nd-Your-Eyes.htm

Has it been diagnosed or are you just assuming it is psoriasis? The reason I ask is that there is an eyelid condition called blepharitis and good old baby shampoo mixed with water and rubbed on with a Q tip can really get rid of that itchy area.

Anonymous

Is this actually coming from the skin of the eyelids or is it granules on and around and in the eyelash area? If it is little granules around the eyelashes then that's simply overproduced 'sleep' from eye duct glands. My grampa, dad and brother all had/have this problem and all that is needed to do is gently wash it away with a wet, warm wash cloth a time or two a day. If it's not what I am thinking it is please consult a doctor rather than us because your eyes are precious!

Are you sure it is psoriasis? Or is it "just" eczema? Anyway, if you have a prescription cream for this specific problem, just go ahead and use it on the eyelids.

I assume it is some kind of cortisone cream? They all have that warning about not using around the eyes, mostly because if it regularly gets into the eyes, it could rise the eye pressure. If you have been given the cream by a doctor, I would say use it on the eyelids regardless! Cortisone cream is the only thing that will help you.

Also remember to use a unscented moisturizer to soften the skin on your eyelids. This prevents the eczema from reoccurring.

Yes this has been diagnosed as Psoriasis, I go see the dermatologist and the eye Dr. this week. Thank you for all the recommendations.

Pure emu oil is used for psoriasis and eczema conditions. If you look up its composition online you will see it is often called "nutrition for the skin". It has anti-itch and anti-inflammatory properties. It can be used right around the eyes with no problem. Very soothing. They even make eye drops from it - won't hurt eyes.

Are you able to wash your face with your shampoo? That is what I do. I use Nizoral shampoo and began using it on my face, ears, and neck after I read an article in a magazine. The article was about 3 women dermatologists and how they took care of their skin. One of them washed her face with Nizoral shampoo she used on her hair.

I can appreciate your problem because I have a lot of skin troubles. BTW, I have tried T gel and it doesnt work for me.

I believe psoriasis is a form of arthritis called psoriatic arthritis. Look it up on the internet. There are something like 63 forms of arthritis.

Psoriasis is based in candida. Most skin conditions are. Read up about it. It sets in & then infections sets in.

Anonymous

I know this is an old post, but in case you haven't found a solution, I have psoriasis and I use Vaseline. After I wash the area, while it is still wet, I apply a tiny, tiny dab of Vaseline. Do this each time you wash your face.