Use A Mini Binder For Organizing Recipes

I try to plan dinners in advance by choosing recipes and listing needed ingredients on a shopping list. The shopping list is always written on a sticky note and attached to a first insert (card stock) of my mini binder (7" x 4.5") which is always with me in my purse.

I attach the sticky note to a handle of a shopping cart at a grocery store. I put the recipes I am shopping for in the same binder in Ziploc sandwich bags. The recipes stay in the binder until I have time to prepare them. The protector gives some durability to the magazine clippings and also protects them from the kitchen grease when I am actually cooking (I attach the Ziploc bag with a recipe to my refrigerator with a magnet).

By Elena from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

I have something very similar to this! I picked up a cheap composition notebook years ago and just taped or rewrote my recipes in it. I assigned a number to each recipe and indexed them on the first pages of the notebook so that I could find them easily. I now am on my second book and it is just a breeze to find things.

I really like the idea that this is a meal organizer that goes from the kitchen to the store, back to the kitchen (for cooking the recipes that are in the organizer) and that it's all there for the week. This is one I will use this year...my resolution is to tighten up my store spending habits, and when I can't remember what I was going to make on Thurs....? Pantry of stuff I'll not use, is what happens.

Great organizational tip, thanks!

Wooden Recipes Box
Organizing Recipes
Organizing RecipesJanuary 6, 2009
Closed Mini Blinds
Reusing Mini Blinds
Couple looking at recipes both online and using recipe box
Saving Recipes
Cleaning mini blinds square
Cleaning Mini Blinds
🎉
🎄