Recycled Gift Boxes
When you open up a gift, for any occasion, save the box. When you open up a box of food, save the box. These are the rectangle boxes that oatmeal cookies come in. You can cut them in half and these boxes can be turned into the most charming little gift boxes for children to give gifts in, or even adults!
Approximate Time: 30 minutes or less
- glue sticks
- tissue paper
- box from a gift or a food box
- pipe cleaner for handle
- paper to hide pictures on box
- hole punch or Phillips head screwdriver
- Take your rectangular shaped box and cut it in half.
- Cut out paper to fit on each side of box. Glue paper on.
- Glue pieces of torn tissue paper on the paper, all around the box.
- Punch a hole on either side of the box for attaching pipe cleaner to make a handle. You could use the Phillips head screwdriver to punch a hole if you don't have a hole punch.
- Attach pipe cleaner on each side and make sure there are no sharp ends on the pipe cleaner that are not turned under.
- I didn't attach a ribbon to mine, but it would be a cute extra touch if you wanted to.
- Put photos, gifts, or candy in these, and they are so homemade and cute, anyone would love to receive one!
By Robin F. from TN
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Related Content(article continues below)
In This Guide
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on February 23, 2017 at 4:20:35 PM on 10.0.1.80 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us