Removing Paint from a Painted Bathtub

I have recently moved into a home where the people before me painted the bath tub an ugly dark green. The owner said he has tried everything to remove it. Does anyone here have any suggestions on how to get it off of the tub?

jazzie from McKinney

At a Home depot or similar store you can buy a paint made just for refinishing tubs. Probably just 'repainting' over the green would be much easier then trying to remove the paint. Years ago my LL had me do the upstairs bathtub here and it came out looking like a new tub. It doesn't last forever but it does last a while and you can always re-do it. Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

Home and Garden Home Improvement BathroomMarch 16, 2006
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
Photo of decals stuck to the bottom of a bathtub.
Removing Bathtub Decals
White painted kitchen cabinets.
Cleaning Painted Cabinets
Painted Chinese furniture.
Cleaning Painted Wood Furniture