Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe

I am looking for a recipe for cream cheese frosting.

Joanie from Lake Havasu, AZ

Answers

December 12, 2006 Flag

I am looking for an easy cream cheese frosting recipe. My family loves cream cheese frosting and I would like to save money on buying it every week. Thank You in advance for all suggestions.

jmz2005 from Illinois

Answers:

Cream Cheese Frosting

Here is one I just used for my daughter's birthday. This recipe made enough to lightly frost a bundt cake. It is simple and tastes great!

Beat together first three ingredients until light and fluffy. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating well between each addition, until well-blended. Spread over cooled cake.

Happy baking -- enjoy! (05/17/2006)

By Proud mom of 4 girls

Cream Cheese Frosting

I take 2 cups of powdered sugar, 2- 8oz pkgs of cream cheese (softened) and mix it with an 8 oz tub of cool whip ... Extremely good and light tasting. (05/17/2006)

By SHERI

Cream Cheese Frosting

Mix till smooth. Yummy & halthy. (05/17/2006)

By Patsy

Cream Cheese Frosting

funny yesterday i wanted some and did not want to
run out so;

I just mixed until it tasted good and yum
husband noticed he said this frosting didn't
even taste like canned he was surprised when
I said i made it.

(05/17/2006)

By meoowmom

Cream Cheese Frosting

I use this recipe for a 9"x13" carrot cake.

Cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy;add sugar a cup at a time until right consistancy. Add vanilla.

Note: Sometimes I change the extract for another flavor like raspberry, etc.
I also stock up on cream cheese when it goes on sale and just freeze it. It freezes nice for icing or in baking dishes. (05/18/2006)

By biffy62

Cream Cheese Frosting

1 box of powdered sugar mixed with 8 oz. of softened cream cheese and just a drop of vanilla! Mix and enjoy! (05/18/2006)

By bigsweetiebrown

Cream Cheese Frosting

The easiest and best recipe that I know of is equal amounts of cream cheese and real butter (3-4 oz each) one tsp vanilla, a shake of salt, and enough powdered sugar to make it spreadable. Just buy a 2 lb bag and use your mixer. Make sure the sugar is mixed in enough and not grainy or too stiff or too runny. It will depend on what the humidity is when you use the icing. You will know what is right. (05/18/2006)

By Margie Minard

Cream Cheese Cake Frosting

Directions:

Mix all ingredients together. If too thick, add a little milk.
If too thin, add a little powdered sugar.

Spread on cake and Enjoy
(05/18/2006)

By Judy2311

Cream Cheese Frosting

http://www.hillbillyhousewife.com/creamcheesefrosting.htm

You may not need a full four cups of powdered sugar, but it is good to have that much, just in case you do. So get a whisk and a medium sized bowl. Blend the cream cheese and margarine together. I soften them both in the microwave together for a few seconds to make this task easier. When the cream cheese and margarine are smoothly combined, work in the vanilla, lemon juice, and milk. Then add about 3 cups of powdered sugar. Mix very well with your whisk, making the mixture smooth. Add more powdered sugar as necessary to make a nice stiff frosting. When it is done, spread it on a cool cake. If the cake is warm, this stuff will run right off of it, and on to the floor. Icky gooey mess to clean up. Yuck. So only put it on cool cakes. It will frost a large rectangular cake, the tops of two smaller cakes, or a couple dozen cup cakes. If you want to use this recipe for a layer cake, double it.

Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting: add 1/3 to 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa if you want the frosting to be chocolate. You will need less powdered sugar though. I add the cocoa before I add the powdered sugar. Then I just keep adding the sugar until the frosting has a texture and thickness I like.
(07/02/2006)

By mef1957

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Cakes Frosting and IcingDecember 12, 2006
A piece of carrot cake on plate with cream cheese frosting
Cream Cheese Frosting Recipes
Cream Cheese Brownies
Cream Cheese Brownies
Ricotta cheese on fig leaves on white plate, with cheese knife.
Freezing Ricotta Cheese
Vanilla frosting on a lemon layer cake.
Vanilla Frosting Recipes
🎉
🎄