Uses For Old Records

Here are some ideas for old vinyl records.

A Record Clock

My husband made a clock out of one of our old records. It's pretty cool!

By Diane

Make a Record Bowl

I have an idea for old records scratched a little or whatever; I remember years ago when we put the records in the oven at a very, very low heat, not enough to melt, but just barely enough to make the record bend; if you have another easier way to warm the record. Bend the sides upwards to form a basket shape; then you could put a decal or design in the middle & paint as desired.

By Beulah

Art From Record Shards

You can break some into pieces and decorate some frames for the person in your life that loves to dance or that loves music. You can even splatter the pieces with some paint before you glue them to your frame.

By Deb in Canada

Bake Sale Plates

I cover mine with foil and use them to put bakery items on for our school/church bake sales.

By Jan

Table Decorations

The high school graduating class of 2004 used old records on the tables, one for each graduate. They had been spray painted silver. Each grad was given a black marking pen and boy did they have fun going around the room getting other grads to sign their record. Their name was written on what looked like the thing they snap down in front of the camera when making a movie to tell which scene is next. The theme of the grad was Hollywood. A few antique cars were also brought into the room to be used in the background when taking pictures.

By valleyrimgirl

I MAKE RECORD BOWLS WITH 45 RPM AND LONG PLAYING ALBUMS. I USE AN STAINLESS STEEL BOWL WITH THE BOTTOM COVERED WITH ALUMINUM FOIL. I PLACE THE RECORD ON THE UPSIDE BOWL WITH THE FOIL SIDE UP; I TURN MY OVEN TO 200 AND LEAVE THE DOOR AJAR; WATCHING THE RECORD AS IT BEGINS TO MELT; AS IT STARTS TO MELT DOWN THE SIDE OF THE STAINLESS STEEL BOWL, I REMOVE IT AND QUICKLY MOVE IT TO A SMALLER STAINLESS STEEL BOWL THAT IS FACE UP; I USE TONGS TO SHAPE THE RECORD BOWL INTO A BOWL. YOU CAN PLUG THE HOLE IN THE RECORD WITH A PAPER DOILY PLACED ON THE INSIDE OF THE RECORD BOWL; A PIECE OF TAPE OVER THE BOTTOM. FILL THE LARGE BOWLS WITH CHIPS AND THE SMALLER BOWLS WITH CANDIES.

Uses for Old Records
Uses for Old Records
Crafts Recycled CraftsSeptember 13, 2006
Selling Vinyl Records
Selling Vinyl Records
Cleaning a Vinyl Record
Cleaning Vinyl Records
Uses for Old Briefcases, Worn two strap leather briefcase.
Uses for Old Briefcases
Ring of old keys.
Uses for Old Keys
🎉
🎄