Jingle Bell Ornaments

Christine Weber

This is simple but children love it. Decorate silver or gold store bought jingle bells with a sparkling ribbon and ring accordingly!

Materials and Equipment:

• a gold or silver jingle bell
  • a thin piece of metallic ribbon, about 10 inches long, color of your choice
  • metallic thread, gold or silver
  • scissors

Instructions:

1. Place the jingle bell in front of you. You can use any size of bell you like. The one in the photo is about 1.5 inches in diameter, but I have also done this craft with smaller bells.
  2. Cut off a length of thread, about ten to twelve inches long. Loop the thread through the hanger on the top of the jingle bell and tie the loose ends into a knot. You can use this loop to hang the bell on an evergreen branch or a doorknob.
  3. Ad

4. Take your piece of ribbon and thread it through the hanger on the top of the bell. Tie the ribbon into a bow. I find ribbon with wire incorporated into it works well here, as you can fashion the bow into a more three-dimensional structure and it will stay in that shape.
  5. Hang your jingle bell on your tree or wherever you like. Be sure to give it a ring now and then!

I love that!! These crafts are so easy I could do them with my daycare kids!! They'd love to do those, thank you for the ideas!

I made these one year for my kids with they were younger. But I used a large bell and painted their names and the year on the bells.