Jingle Bell Ornaments

Christine Weber

This is simple but children love it. Decorate silver or gold store bought jingle bells with a sparkling ribbon and ring accordingly!

Materials and Equipment:

• a gold or silver jingle bell
  • a thin piece of metallic ribbon, about 10 inches long, color of your choice
  • Ad
  • metallic thread, gold or silver
  • scissors

Instructions:

1. Place the jingle bell in front of you. You can use any size of bell you like. The one in the photo is about 1.5 inches in diameter, but I have also done this craft with smaller bells.
  2. Cut off a length of thread, about ten to twelve inches long. Loop the thread through the hanger on the top of the jingle bell and tie the loose ends into a knot. You can use this loop to hang the bell on an evergreen branch or a doorknob.
  3. Take your piece of ribbon and thread it through the hanger on the top of the bell. Tie the ribbon into a bow. I find ribbon with wire incorporated into it works well here, as you can fashion the bow into a more three-dimensional structure and it will stay in that shape.
  4. Hang your jingle bell on your tree or wherever you like. Be sure to give it a ring now and then!

I love that!! These crafts are so easy I could do them with my daycare kids!! They'd love to do those, thank you for the ideas!

I made these one year for my kids with they were younger. But I used a large bell and painted their names and the year on the bells.

Homemade Christmas Ornaments
Homemade Christmas Ornaments
Crafts Christmas OrnamentsDecember 21, 2005
Freezing Bell Peppers, Canning Bell Peppers, Peeling Bell Peppers, Drying Bell Peppers, Storing Bell Peppers, Growing Bell Peppers, Selecting Good Bell Peppers, Red, Green and Yellow Bell Peppers
Peeling Bell Peppers
Pom Pom Christmas Tree Ornament
Pom Pom Christmas Tree Ornaments
Storing Bell Peppers
red painted sled with cross member and ribbon pull tied on
Making a Popsicle Stick Wooden Sled Ornament
🎉
🎄