Jingle Bell Ornaments
This is simple but children love it. Decorate silver or gold store bought jingle bells with a sparkling ribbon and ring accordingly!
Materials and Equipment:
- a gold or silver jingle bell
- a thin piece of metallic ribbon, about 10 inches long, color of your choice
- metallic thread, gold or silver
- Place the jingle bell in front of you. You can use any size of bell you like. The one in the photo is about 1.5 inches in diameter, but I have also done this craft with smaller bells.
- Cut off a length of thread, about ten to twelve inches long. Loop the thread through the hanger on the top of the jingle bell and tie the loose ends into a knot. You can use this loop to hang the bell on an evergreen branch or a doorknob.
- Take your piece of ribbon and thread it through the hanger on the top of the bell. Tie the ribbon into a bow. I find ribbon with wire incorporated into it works well here, as you can fashion the bow into a more three-dimensional structure and it will stay in that shape.
- Hang your jingle bell on your tree or wherever you like. Be sure to give it a ring now and then!
December 21, 20050 found this helpful
I love that!! These crafts are so easy I could do them with my daycare kids!! They'd love to do those, thank you for the ideas!
December 22, 20050 found this helpful
I made these one year for my kids with they were younger. But I used a large bell and painted their names and the year on the bells.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 10, 2016 at 2:34:12 AM on 10.0.0.203 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us