Moose (Yellowstone National Park, WY)

This was a time when I was really scared, and had nowhere to run. This was taken outside the east gate of Yellowstone National Park. I had decided to go for a short walk, and encountered a moose coming out of the brush. As I slowly walked across the road backwards, this cow stopped at the side of the road. Thank God she didn't go after me!

By Diane S.

Beautiful picture you took! Glad that you were not hurt. Those things can do some damage to a person!

Eek! I know that encounter was scary!

I had the wonderful and exciting opportunity of working in Yellowstone National Park as a mother-daughter experience. It was a lifetime experience and I'd love to go back and do it again when my husband and I retire. They have retired employees who have been coming each summer to work for over 15 years. If you have summers free, enjoy traveling, and want to have a great summer, apply to work the summer in Yellowstone National Park. The best location to work is at Mammoth which is near the north entrance of the park where the famous stone archway is at the entrance of the park. You need to be available to work March - October.

Yellowstone National Park
Yellowstone National Park Photos and Information
Photos WildlifeMarch 14, 2011
male moose
Moose Photos
Shenandoah National Park
Shenandoah National Park Photos and Information
Glacier National Park
Glacier National Park Photos and Information
Mesa Verde Nation Park
Camping at National Parks