How Many Cups Of Chicken Meat On A Whole Chicken

Does anyone know the equivalent measurement for how many cups of chicken meat you can get from stewing/poaching an average size (3 to 4 lb.) chicken?

Reason for the request: A lot of the recipes I have called for the meat from a whole stewed or cooked chicken. Since there are only two people eating meals in this house, I don't need to cook up an entire chicken (especially since we don't care for the dark meat). I use chicken breasts but have never seen (or just don't remember) how many cups of meat I could expect from a cooken chicken.

The measurement I use now is "if it looks right" but this isn't what is needed if I am sharing a recipe with a friend!

Thanks for any help on this.

Sandie (Ronsan)

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

You can approximate getting about 1 cup of meat per pound of whole chicken, over 3 pounds.

Food and Recipes Food Tips ConversionsMay 4, 2005
Reusing Keurig K-Cups
Reusing Keurig K-Cups
Specimen Cup
Craft Ideas Using Specimen Cups
Tea Cup and Saucer on White Background
Crafts Using Tea Cups and Saucers
Cute Little Girl in Chicken Costume
Making a Chicken Costume
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 11:13:49 AM on 10.0.2.188 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.