BirthdayGifts

Funny Birthday Gift for a New Teacher

My sister just graduated from college to become a teacher in the fall. Her 24th birthday is next month and I wanted to get her a fun/silly birthday gift related to teaching, almost like a joke gift. What kind of gifts could I get her?

By Stacy from Tampa, FL

Well my first thought was a bobble head graduate. She could put that on her desk at the school she teaches in. Second idea is an Etch A Sketch. Put it in a nice box labelled conservative laptop for the technically savy (or some such). You could even get on of the palm size and put it in a Palm Pilot box or the box for one of the new Android phones (if it would fit). You could also buy a cheap laptop "shell" off Ebay and put a small chalk board where the LCD screen would be (glue it in with clear apoxy) and take out the ketboard and put a litttle rack of some king to hold chalk, pencils and maybe a note pad or stickies. Find a small chalkbord and measure it from corner to diagnally opposite corner to know what size laptop you will need for it to fit. For example if it measures from the top left corner down to the right bottom corner 52". You would be safe with a 54 inch laptop. Good luck / have fun.

How about velvet gloves for handling the parents and their little darlings who don't want to obey the rules?

My flaky mind is racing. How about a roll of TP? We all know what teachers have to put up with. A card of buttons as a reminder not to let the kids push too many of her buttons. Or maybe a tin cup on the corner of her desk for donations since many states are talking about cutting teacher pay. My best to your daughter in her chosen profession. I am an old school district clerical and my heart goes out to all teachers.

Earplugs and aspirin. :)