Use Garlic For Stronger Nails

My fingernails are thin and always breaking off/spliting. I was watching Dr. Oz the other day and they had a young woman on talking about how to make your nails stronger. She said to take chopped garlic and put it in clear nail polish. Let it sit for 7-10 days and polish your nails with it. She said that your nails will be as hard as acrylic nails. That's my plan.

Source: DR. OZ - T.V. show

By Great Granny Vi from Moorpark, CA.

I saw the same program and I have started painting my nails with garlic polish, it definitely has a garlic odor to it. I suggest polishing them in the morning, not at night just before you go to bed like I do or should I say did. I love garlic, but not smelling it all night long. I'm using it like my normal polish. I put a coat on every day then just take it all off once a week.

I did not find any information on Dr. OZ websites on how to apply. It certainly would be nice if it did work.

I saw that show too, and I want to try it. Another tip was using cranberry juice for hair that has "gotten old" :) My friend tried it and she said it really worked. Her hair has never been so nice. She used the natural type cranberry juice with no added sugar.

Let us know how well it works in a couple of weeks.

What has worked for me is Almay's Daily Dose Fluoride that you put on your nails every day. It is not like a regular polish. You never have to remove it with polish remover. Your nails get stronger and stronger. Cheers!

Health & Beauty Home RemediesMay 14, 2010
Dyed Hair
Toning Down Dyed Hair
Mancured Hand Holding Flower petals
Saving Money on Acrylic Nails
Woman with bad breath covering her mouth.
Getting Rid of Garlic Breath
Photo of a woman's hands with acrylic nails on.
Applying Acrylic Nails