Creative Sink Storage Ideas

contest winner icon

I have a tip for those of us that still like to do dishes by hand. I was tired of looking at the bottle of dish soap on my sink, so I decides to get a cute pickle dish with 3 sections at the dollar store and place my sink items I use every day in it. I also got a lemon squirt bottle for my dish soap. That way you don't waste as much and no big bottle at your sink. You can use ketchup/mustard any refillable smaller bottle.

I know I could put it under my sink, but, with everyone using the sink, it's easier for us. I hope some one can use this idea!

By diva53d from Foymount, Ontario

Super idea. Thank you

Reply Like this photo? 1

Great idea! Thanks so much for sharing!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I really like this cute and simple idea! Love this sort of thing. Thanks for sharing.

Darlene, St. Louis, MO

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Good idea.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

What a great idea. I'm going to scrounge around in my cabinets and see what I can find to do the same thing! Thanks!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Great idea. I going to look for a pickle tray too. We just moved into a farmhouse and love cute ideas like this.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Thanks All I hope you all found just the right pickle tray!

Donna, Foymount

Reply Like this photo? Yes

What a great idea. Thanks for posting.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Thumbs up! I see we use the same dish sponges. :)

Karen in Salem Oregon

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Speaking of something to hold your dish soap, I took an empty bottle from the hand sanitizer type soap and filled it with Dawn Dish Soap. All I have to do is stick my sponge under the spigot, push down and get a little bit of soap on the sponge, enough for hand washing several things. The advantage of this style dispenser is that I don't have to pick it up and squirt soap, I can just add the soap to the sponge one handed while still holding the item to be washed in my other hand. I've never done the fill the sink with soapy water kind of thing. I just hand wash, load in the dishwasher and run the sanitizer cycle.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Ha! I just read the tip under this one in the newsletter. Evidently I'm not the only one who thought of this.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

What a great idea! Will be going to the Dollar store my next trip in to town.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I my dish washing liquid in a pump bottle. It is so much more convenient to give it a tap than to have to lift up a bottle of dish soap upside down every time I want some. It probably saves on the amount used too. You can use one you buy or recycle one from pump-type hand soap or other similar bottle.

I also put my cooking oil into a squeeze bottle (recycled dish soap bottles) for use when I only want 1 T. of oil in a fry pan, for example, making oil so much easier to dispense. A pump bottle could also work. But if one wants to measure out more than, say, 1/4 c. of oil, it would be easier to just pour it from the original container.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I really liked your sink tray idea! My sink always looked cluttered, I don't know why I didn't think of that! Thanks Diva53d

I also must say thank you to Halstein & GalThomas for their great ideas on reusing pump bottles for dish liquid & cooking oil, cudos for such frugal & easy to use ideas!

Luv ya!

1cheapdiva

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Great idea, but I have don't have enough counter space, so I have to put mine in the cabinet under the sink. :(

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I like it! I think I'll go buy one from Dollar Tree and spray paint it oil rubbed bronze just to jazz it up. Thanks for the tip!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Oh, I just love this idea... the width in the back of my sink wasn't large enough for this idea but I still love the idea!

Reply Like this photo? Yes