Concho Western Pin

I have made a passel of these concho pins to wear with my western outfits and blue jeans. I have had many compliments. I have even given away a few for presents.

Materials Needed:

• Concho(s) - obtainable at most department and hobby stores. You can get several to a package at a small cost.

• String leather or heavy Jute rope. Just ten inches will do. Obtainable at most hobby and department stores.

• Pin Back - A one-inch pin back will do. These can be purchased at most department stores and at hobby centers.

• Jewelry Glue - I like Grab or Goop glue. Both glues can be found at department stores and hobby centers.

• Pony Beads - Your choice of color. You will need 14 to 20 beads. These are available at most department stores and hobby centers.

All Together Now!

Glue pin back on to the back of the Concho in the middle of the back on the cross bar.

Let the glued pin back dry.

Take the ten-inch piece of jute rope or the leather string and double it.

Feed the doubled middle part of the rope or leather through the top of the front of the concho. Be sure the pin back is open.

Then thread the doubled part out through the lower opening of the concho.

Take the loose ends and feed them down through the loop protruding out the lower opening.

(See below picture.)

String pony beads on the rope or leather in pattern selected and tie off. You might want to dab a bit of glue on the knot to secure it from coming undone.

Now you are ready to dress up those blue jeans outfits or add to your western wear. Just use your imagination!

Happy Crafting!

By Ann Davis from Conway, AR

Your pins are very pretty. I especially like the color combinations you've used.

Dear Guys,

We offer fashion earrings made from gemstones with nickel free zinc alloy and 925 silver earring hooks. The gemstone materials can be. jade, agate, cubic zircon, turquoise, red corals, amethyst, crack glass, natural crystal, mother of pearls. We also provide earrings as per customer's design. The MOQ is 5 dozens, and lead time is 15 days.

We also provide hair claws, clips and binders. If you are interested in the above products, please feel free to contact me.

Thanks and regards.

Sam Shan

Managing Director

Lang Fang Jiuhui Trading Co., Ltd.

#301-2-2 Fangzeyuan, Xinkai Rd. Lang Fang, 065000, Hebei China

samshancn at hotmail dot com

Photos CraftsMay 3, 2007
Felt Carrot Pin
Making a Felt Carrot Pin
Felt Bunny Bottom Pin
Making a Felt Bunny Bottom Pin
Heart Shaped Petal Flower
Heart Shaped Pin Crafts
cowboy hat with decorations
Western Themed Christmas Tree