Graduation Thank You Note Ideas

By Blue 2 1

I just had a graduation party with a library/book theme, since I recently received my Master of Library Science. I carried the theme the whole way through with a date due card as my invitation, stacks of books as centerpieces, a cake in the shape of a book and bookmarks as favors.

Everything went very well, but now I am stuck on what to use for a thank you card. I want my thank you cards to have the book/library theme, but I can not think of anything unique. Please help. I appreciate any ideas you may have. Thank you.

By librarylady

Showing: Answers Sort

By Lisa 2 131 Flag

How about thank you cards containing quotes from famous authors or literary characters? Congratulations on your great achievement!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Cassandra 11 Flag

Go have a picture taken of yourself in front of a library or in the library with stacks of books all around. To have fun with the picture hug books or kiss them even! Take the picture you like best and either have it made into cards or get do-it-yourself cards and stick photos on with double stick tape.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Dana Thompson 2 Flag

Go to a thrift store and get a book - a novel. Tear up the pages and make a collage of the torn pieces on the cover of a thank you card. They can be random pieces overlapping every which way. Congrats!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Vicki W Huehner 1 7 Flag

What about using a card from the card catalogue, making the thank you note resemble the listing for a book?

eablue2u

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Paulette Gulakowski 7 177 Flag

What about making a card in the design of a dust jacket with an appropriate title etc. Maybe you could scan one, shrink it and print it out and put your thanks inside. Or you could incorporate the computer reference side of libraries somehow - maybe like a wikipedia entry?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Lelia Jo Cordell 51 1,936 Flag

Tear up a book? Sacrilege! I like the idea of creating an old-fashioned looking library card - not the "date due" card, but like what we used to carry and show the librarian. Of course, yours would have to be over sized. I also like the rest of the ideas posted. I'll add my congrats to the rest. btw, you're living the life I wanted when I was 12, lol!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Wisgal 8 271 Flag

I would go to Google Images and copy picture of books, (there are many different objects to copy) make my own thank you notes, and include a purchased Bool Mark in it. There are many cute book marks on the market, or maybe you can make one and laminate it.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Holidays and Parties Parties GraduationMay 20, 2009
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
8th Graders
8th Grade Graduation Party Ideas
A girl who has graduated, wearing her cap and gown.
College Graduation Party Ideas
High School Graduation Party Cupcake Centerpiece
High School Graduation Party Centerpiece Ideas
Mini Graduation Cap
Making Mini Graduation Cap Party Favors
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 14, 2016 at 2:37:16 AM on 10.0.0.234 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings