Keeping Track of What You Have

Sometimes I get carried away by specials or forget I already have a lot of something and buy more. After my last pantry cleaning, I posted two lists on the refrigerator. One titled "do not buy" which lists the items I am oversupplied with. The other is titled "use up" and lists the items that need to be used first, such as frozen vegetables or fruits. I preserve a lot of foods so this helps me keep current and gives me ideas for meals when I need inspiration.

By Lynn

I often over buy in the way of canned goods and boxed mixes and the like. I definitely need to organize the pantry. Also we are bad about buying too much for the freezer. When I kept a "freezer log", it seemed to work for a while but then I would forget to cross off what was used or write in new items. I think your idea is a good one and perhaps I need to try it or do something so we don't end up with out of date food.

Cans of Food in a Pantry
Organizing Your Pantry
Organizing Freezer and FridgeJanuary 14, 2005
Potted Rosemary plant.
Keeping Track of Plant Information
Keeping Track of Events in a Calendar
Keeping Track of Events
A woman signing a contract.
Keeping Track of Contract End Dates
sliding patio door
Cleaning a Sliding Door Track