Create Your Own Quick Bread

I liked learning about patterns of recipes, because I enjoy creating foods, and I also like being able to use things that I usually have things handy, and can make things at last moments too.

• 1 can of anything that fizzes (pop, beer, club soda, etc.)
  • 2 Tbsp. of anything that is sweet (sugar, honey, apple sauce, coconut, anything that is sweet)
  • Ad
  • 3 cups self-rising flour, bought or homemade
  • Optional (fresh, thawed or dried fruit or veggies, nuts, herbs, spices or seasonings) Whatever you want in the bread loaf.

Directions:

Preheat oven 400 degrees F.

Mix it all gently in a bowl, and pour it into a greased loaf pan.

Bake 50 minutes

Cool 20 minutes for better slicing it.

Servings: 12
Time:probably 3-5 Minutes Preparation Time
50 Minutes Cooking Time

Source: I know I must have found it somewhere, but, the recipe has been in my head for so many years.

By kas2 from Rockford, MI

One I especially was surprised with using strawberry or red pop (soda), and I put some sliced strawberries, and nuts, and coconut, and what a pretty pink bread, and very nice strawberry flavor. ;)

Thanks for this "pattern." I have noticed others but just got a new scone pan from Williams-Sonoma and discovered it makes the best and easiest to remove muffins. I think this will translate over to many interesting combination triangular muffins. Perfect portion size.

I am going to try this. I see someone already has so I am voting for you for the contest. I am thinking about trying mollases and Dr Pepper to see how it turns out. I will also add some dried fruit chopped fine too. Let you know how it turns out.

I am going to try this. And if it don't turn out right tonight I will be chatting my disappointment.

SickandSexy, I am assuming that that is a 12 oz. can of soda? I used 12 ounces and the batter was so thick I could hardly stir it. I had to add a little more and it was still thick. I used cherry soda and dried cherries and nuts. I am sorry to say this, but I hate that I wasted the ingredients on this. I will never make it again.

I meant to add that this was not a sweet bread at all. Two tablespoons of a sweetener was not sweet enough for me. I ended up throwing the whole works in the garbage. Such a waste and I am on a very small budget to boot.

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Breads QuickFebruary 3, 2010
Gluten free bread in a bread machine.
Gluten Free Bread Machine Recipes
Zucchini Bread
Freezing Zucchini Bread
Moldy bread.
Preventing Mold on Bread
Recipes Using Stale Bread, Slice of Bread on Cutting Board
Recipes Using Stale Bread
🎉
🎄