Candle Wax on Material

How do you get candle wax out of material?

Linda from Oak Hill, OH

Try placing some paper towels or news paper on the opposite side of material and iron it start warm and just work with it a little.. I have saved ,what I thought was, a wasted tablecloth this way. I also repaired a horrible mess in my carpet.

I have found that the best way is to place a sheet or two of blotting paper over the wax (not sure if that's what it's called in the US but the paper sold at stationers for blotting ink) and iron it with a medium hot iron and the wax will be absorbed by the blotting paper. You could probably use two or three layers of kitchen roll instead if you can't get blotting paper. JG, London, UK

Two Lit Candles in the Dark
Cleaning Candle Wax from a Tablecloth
Home and Garden Cleaning StainsFebruary 11, 2007
Pillar candles on a glass plate with river rocks.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Walls
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Cleaning Candle Wax from Upholstery
Using Leftover Candle Wax, Melted Candles
Using Leftover Candle Wax