Ice Tricks For Parties

It's that time of year to start planning dinner parties. Here's a great tip and craft I like to use.

Tip: Boiling water will make ice cubes clear!

I usually start saving my milk cartons (1/2 gallon, cleaned out with bleach water) about 2 weeks before Thanksgiving. Cut off top of carton. I usually put my bottle of whatever liquor I'll be serving, most times it's Bailey's Irish Cream or Vanilla Vodka inside the milk carton as a guide. Pour water that has been boiled then cooled inside of carton. Then decorate by putting, cranberries, orange slices, fake flowers, cherries etc. in the water. 24-36 hours before your party, put cartons in freezer and freeze until solid. Day of your party, take out of freezer, let stand at room temperature until you can take the bottle out of the carton. As a variation, you can put a few drops of food coloring in the water to tint.

If you don't want to leave the kiddos out, you can use a plastic soda bottle in place of liquor bottles. Leave soda in or you can make chocolate milk, strawberry milk, sparkling apple cider... Use your imagination.

By Laurie from Nevada

I don't understand what you are serving in the carton, are You removing the ice and pouring the liquor inside to serve. Or is it to hold the bottle cold?

Top Comment

If I understand correctly, you freeze the bottle of liquor inside the milk carton, displacing the liquid inside. When it is frozen, it will leave a bottle shaped indent where the bottle was. The ice will be a pretty bottle holder after the carton walls are removed.

A bucket of ice.
Serving Ice at Parties
Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsNovember 3, 2006
Keeping Your Windshield Free of Snow and Ice, Man Cleaning Snow and Ice off of Windshield
Keeping Your Windshield Free of Snow and Ice
Kenmore Refrigerator's Ice Maker Won't Stop Making Ice
Refrigerator
Refrigerator's Ice Maker Not Making Ice
Removing Ice from Your Windshield, Gloved hand scraping icy windshield.
Removing Ice from Your Windshield
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 15, 2017 at 3:23:56 PM on 10.0.1.142 in 649 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.