Paint Color Ideas for Pink and Brown Bedding

I am decorating my 2 year olds room and I just purchased new bedding that is pink and brown. I do not want to paint her room pink because my older daughters' room is pink. Does anyone have any suggestions on what other colors would go with this. Do you think a light purple would be ok? I don't know what to do. I have attached a picture of the bedding.

By Javoletta from NY

I would paint it a basic khaki color, you are not going to have that particular bedding for a long time, this way you will have a nice neutral backdrop for your next color scheme, purple and pink would be too sickening sweet, IMHO

Camel brown would look good.

I think most any soft color would go nicely, pale green, yellow, blue, tan. I love the bedding--I think that color scheme could last for years!

I would paint the room a sage green. It would go nice with the pink and the brown. Would be a nice contrast so the pink and brown doesn't get overpowering.

You may think that I'm crazy, but a light gray would be really nice. I know most people would never pick gray for a childs room, but the bedding is so bright and high energy, I think the gray would look nice. If you look at your picture at the window, I don't know if that is the curtain rod or the window showing through above the curtain, but the gray looks great against the other colors. I would go a little lighter shade of the gray but not too much.

I'd go with something neutral like cream/beige. Love the bedding. That's adorable! PICO's gray idea isn't bad either. Then her next theme can be purple and gray. That would be cute. Pink walls would be way too much pink. If you want the bedding to be the highlight of the room choose a boring wall color.

Yes, I also vote for a cream, tan, khaki, etc. - a light, neutral color. As others mentioned, it would set off the bedding colors yet work easily with any future changes. Good luck & have fun!

Bedding Coordinated with Walls
Coordinating Bedding with Walls
Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Paint Color AdviceApril 6, 2009
Bedding in a laundry basket.
Uses for Old Bedding
Scoop of brown rice. Freezing brown rice.
Freezing Brown Rice
Dogwood tree in spring.
Leaves Turning Brown on Dogwood Tree
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding. Upclose photo of a flea.
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding
🎄