Browsing: Finding an Inexpensive Car

Finding an Inexpensive Car

I am saving up my money to buy my first car. Does anyone have a tips for buying my first car and where to buy it? Thanks.

By Tammy093

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance
Best Answer

See Edmunds.com and ConsumerReports.org. And, before you buy, check out those Vehicle Identification Numbers (VINs) with Carfax. Carfax costs $25 and it's good for a month on any number of cars. Also, don't be embarrassed or shy about walking away from a salesperson or a deal. This is probably your first big investment; don't let anyone pressure you. If something doesn't "feel right", listen to that little voice and keep on looking. Good Luck!

Best Answer

Go to a car rental agency. They sell off their vehicles after one or 2 years. They already made their money form the rentals. You get a well maintained car for a wholesale price.I bought a 2003 Chevy Malibu with 28,000 miles for $7500.By the way, the car is in perfect shape

Definately take someone with you who has bought a good inexpensive car. I understand you want to do it on your own, but wouldn't you rather get a good deal. I'm 28 years old and still take my dad with me when I make a big purchase. And WALK AWAY if it's not a good deal. I am a true advocate for the "Dummies" books. Go to the library and borrow "Buying a Car For Dummies." Everything is put into plain English and will teach you about loans and lingo.

Most senior golf and country clubs have their own newspapers for the residents living there. Look in the classified section. You will find older cars (mostly driven by one person with no wear on the interior) with hardly any milage (they mostly drive thier golf carts) that have been stored in the garage (which means the paint looks like a brand new car) for around two grand.

I have bought two cars that way and I am very happy with them.

I definately agree. if you don't feel just right about the car you're looking at WALK AWAY! I didn't and now i'm stuck with a heap of metal in my driveway. it broke down the first day i had it.

One really good advice, take someone you trust besides your friends to car shop, pay cash and don't get something rediculously fancy. Do some test drives and pick out the car you like. Have fun car shopping.

Can I just go to any Senior golf or country club I want to get their Newspaper? I'm not a Senior. And will they give me one if I don't live there?

Yea and if its another person your buying it from make sure they dont want you to come so they can rob you for the money you had saved and beat you up... Trust me

tammy all you have to do is get a saving account and save up money for your first car put in the bank and dont take none out unless you really need it DBM

Finding an Inexpensive Car, Blue Volkswagon Beetle parked by a building.
Finding an Inexpensive Car
Consumer Advice Cars Buying a CarMay 13, 2004
Childs Car Seat
Decorating a Child's Car Seat
Saving Money on Car Rentals, Neon Car Rental Sign
Saving Money on Car Rentals
Buying a Cheap Car for First Time Driver, For Sale sign in Window of Used Car
Buying a Cheap Car for First Time Driver
Man Cleaning Car Interior
Cleaning Your Car's Interior
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 18, 2016 at 4:47:58 PM on 10.0.1.227 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.