Badly Burnt Foreman Grill - Categories:

AppliancesCleaning

Badly Burnt Foreman Grill

What to do? I lent my daughter in law my Foreman Grill and I think she thought it was self cleaning, or was just too lazy. When she returned it, it looks worse then a outside grill. And she wonders why I don't go to her house for dinner. I have tried cleaning it with orange cleaner, vinegar and baking soda. I know I should not use chemicals on it. But, I don't want to buy a new one. Any suggestions. Rita

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Yeah, make her buy you a new one. And use this as a lesson learned. Don't let her borrow any of your things again! Pretty sad when you won't eat over at her house!

I would try a thickness of about 4 or 5 paper towels, wet down not quite dripping asnd placing them on the grill, close it and cook them for a few mins. This should loosen anything burnt on. I usually lay a few wet paper towels on it when I am done cooking and by the time I am done eating it is wipeable!! Hope this helps.

yea-buy a new one -----give her the old one-----either as a birthday present or christmas......that should show her not to borrow things from a mother-in-law.see why we get bad names

Wet some paper towels with vineagr and water, warm the grill and then put the towels in it, close and unplug it. By the time it cools down it should be wipe off clean. And don't loan the dil things again! P.S. You could mention to her "By the way, the GF grill so was easy to clean when I..."

I use papers towels to clean my grill just like Terry. But soak your papers towels with vinegar and either let them sit overnight with the grill closed or turn on the grill for just a minute or so. Definitely don't loan it to her again- yuck!

I agee with Terry. The best way to clean the grill is by wetting paper towels and put them on the grill. I usually only use one wet towel, turn the grill on for a very short period and then wipe it down with clean towels. It seems very easy to me but you may have a build-up and have to work harder.

Contact the manufacture and see what they say to do, if they are no help then give it to your d-i-l as a present and then get yourself a new one.

Ziggee

Hi, I just lay mine on the side in the sink--spray it with Dawn Grease Remover {not dish soap} and let it soak a while. Also, peace in the Family is more important than getting even. Just do not loan it again. Buy her one for her Birthday. Your Son will appreciate it. As mother-in-laws, we have to keep the peace. I have been doing it with 6 in-law children for 30 years and we have no Family issues.

I found that if you heat it up again, the burned leftovers will scrape off easily. Be sure to use a plastic scraper so as not to scratch your grill surface. But that is after only one usage. I've never let it build up over and over, so don't know if this would work for your grill.

I did the thing with the wet paper towels but forgot to go back and clean it for a few days. (Don't tell my mother!) Ever since then, the finish on the grill has a rough texture, almost looking like a mold or something but it doesn't wipe off. Any ideas/suggestions? Have I ruined the finish?? I've been using it since it doesn't seem to affect the way it works, just looks ugly.

Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesJanuary 15, 2005
Steaks on George Foreman Grill
Using A George Foreman Grill
George Foreman Grill
Cleaning a George Foreman Grill
Fixing Burnt Sausage
Fixing Burnt Sausage
George Foreman Grill
George Foreman Grill Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 18, 2016 at 5:23:41 PM on 10.0.0.148 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.