Simple LivingBetter Living

Write Down Blessings To Change Your Mood

Category Simple Living

When you're feeling sad or overwhelmed take a breather and sit down with pen and paper, set a timer for four or five minutes, and write down all the things you can think of that make you feel happy and relaxed. Writing down all of the blessings you truly have in your life and you'll soon be calmed and smiling again. :-)

By Deeli from Richland, WA

Another excellent tip, Deeli. This can be hard to do on a really bad day, but if you can talk yourself into to doing it in spite of your feelings, it's very beneficial. Reminds me of the old gospel song, "Count Your Blessings, Name Them One by One." God bless your positive outlook.

Anonymous

And God bless you, JustPlainJo, for the reminder of this hymn! He is indeed the one who blesses me with the Spirit to appreciate. :-)

This is a wonderful tip and I hope that many will give it a try. God is so good that even for those who don't know Him, He's made us so that it's impossible to feel gratitude and be depressed or fearful at the same time, just try it. :-) Thank you, Deeli, for sharing this blessing.

I agree with your tip and we can't be reminded too much as it is so easy to focus on the negatives in our lives. Thank you for the reminder!

I am thankful for ThriftyFun!

So timely. Thank you. I am thankful for Thriftyfun also. Seems to attract a lot of wonderful folks.

Wonderful advice!

Lovely Idea! I'd go one step further - keep it in a notebook or write it on slips of paper to put in a jar. The next time you're low - write one, read one. reminding yourself how fortunate you are is always a good thing!

Thank you Deeli, with everything going on in the world these days it is good to know there is hope for the hopeful. We who are phenomenally blessed must reach out and pass it on. There is no greater blessing than to be one. Thank you for the blessing you are by pointing this out. Everyone have a blessed day.