Browsing: Towel Gift Ideas

Personalized Bath Towel Sets

A good craft for kids gifts. You can also make wedding presents, housewarming presents, etc.

An idea I came up with several years ago was to take a regular bath towel (the real nice thick ones are harder to use unless you have a heavy-duty sewing machine) and sew fabric along one end of it and make a matching hand towel and washrag to go with it.

I use piping, eyelet lace, etc. around the edges, but here recently I saw a lady at a craft fair that just folded the rough edges under, ironed them, and sewed over the top and left it at that. She explained that it kept her cost down for her to make more money from her crafts, but it sure makes a difference in how it looks if you do use the edging materials.

This is quick and easy to do and I usually find a fabric that matches the personality of the person I am making it for. If they love horses, I find horse material, etc. This is a unique gift that nobody else can get them.

Depending on how much time I have I take the leftover material and make a matching drawstring bag they can use for overnights with friends, etc.

For my nephew I made him a matching pocket first-aid kit and filled it with band-aids and also a small drawstring bag that I filled with marbles.

I have also bought solid colored kitchen tea-towels and sewn a band on the end to match peoples' kitchen decoration for a kitchen towel, too.

By Tawnda

cool idea thanks! got anymore ideas?

Lavender towel gift set.
Towel Gift Ideas
Crafts SewingJune 9, 2004
Lilac Bubble Bath
Lilac Bubble Bath
A beach towel wedding cake.
Making a Towel Wedding Cake
Oven Door Towel
Making an Oven Door Towel
Towel Holder
Making a Kitchen Towel Holder
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 23, 2016 at 6:20:08 PM on 10.0.2.36 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.