Growing Thick Hair

I am looking for an inexpensive as well as effective way to not only stop hair thinning, but also to promote thick full healthy hair growth. I would like to accomplish this in a short time period and with lasting results.

Thank you for your feedback, it's much appreciated.

By Sadie Lynn from USA

To thicken hour hair naturally, eat a lot of natural protein such as eggs, beef and beans. Also, prenatal vitamins work well. There is more information online about this.

At most health food stores you can buy a food additive called "Polysorbate 80, it's an emulsifier that adheres to oils. What you do is massage it into your scalp for 10 minutes before you shampoo. This product helps stop hair loss due to excess oil build up & can sometimes work for men that are beginning to loose their hair.

But all hair grows in cycles.Some races have a longer hair growth cycle than others. This is why you'll often see an Asian women with super-long hair while you will rarely see an African-American women with long hair. I have naturally-curly hair that tends to frizz so I often shop in the hair product area for Black women & I am always blow away by all the products that have the name "Hair Growth" in them. No product can make your hair grow! The best you can do is to stop excess hair loss.

You can't beat a good diet with enough protein & a multi vitamin. Gelatin supplements don't work & any product that guarantees hair growth are not being honest. Just use a mild shampoo (like a sulfate-free shampoo made for people who dye their hair) & a good conditioner. Also, use a good hair brush that doesn't break or damage your hair. I also like to use a leave-in conditioner/detangleler (like Infusium-23) so I don't have to tug on knots. Keep your scalp clean, but don't wash your hair every day, twice a week is usually enough. To much washing will make your scalp rebel & make even more oil!

I went to the dermatologist for the same problem. Unless you use a product like Rogaine, or have hair woven in, there isn't anything you can do. Mine thinned because of surgery, stress, etc. It is now thickening on it's own. The doctor wasn't really able to help at all.

March 2, 2010 Flag

How do you grow thick hair?

Thanks for all answers,
Christine from Walkerton, IN

Answers:

Growing Thick Hair

Hi, I had a friend with masses of beautiful thick hair and I asked her what the secret was. She told me that she took prenatal vitamins, even though she wasn't planning on getting pregnant. Since then, I have heard about this technique from more people.

Good luck! (03/30/2006)

By Jess StewartMaize

Growing Thick Hair

On my thin hair, to prevent any more from coming out, I use Flax seed Oil Capsules 2T/Daily 1000 Mg each. I have used this for years. It takes several months before you will see any results. (03/30/2006)

By Ace00

Growing Thick Hair

I have the opposite problem. My hair is really thick. When it gets a certain length I cut it because it gets so heavy it gives me headaches. When I have my hair in a ponytail I like to have the tie on tight and high on my hair and that also gives me headaches. The only way, other than surgical, to thin it out is to have the hairdresser use thinning shears to thin it out.

The moral of the story is to be careful what you wish for. (03/31/2006)

By Ziggee

Growing Thick Hair

Years ago, I used Mane and Tail shampoo and conditioner. This was then a product used on horses, but I noticed it on the shelves at Walmart recently. You can also get it from a farm supply store. It made my hair a tad bit oily, but it will make it thick and grow like crazy. Also, make sure that you massage the scalp several times a day to increase blood flow. (03/31/2006)

By justmyimagination2002

Growing Thick Hair

Not so sure if this will thicken you hair, but I have been taking 1500 mcg of Biotin every night for the past 3 months. I have noticed a difference in the health of my hair *plus my skin and fingernails. (04/08/2006)

By ginann

Growing Thick Hair

Massage coconut milk or aloe vera gel into the scalp and hair. Leave it on for 30 minutes, rinse with warm water. Repeat 3 times a week. (04/14/2006)

By Zameera

Growing Thick Hair

I've heard that prenatal vitamins work great for giving you healthy hair too. Keep in mind that thick hair is a genetic trait. You either have it or some variation of it. So I would expect to get nice shiny, healthy 'thicker' hair, but not a big thick mane of hair like we see in magazines and advertisements so often. (04/15/2006)

By Heather

Growing Thick Hair

Be careful of prenatal vitamins if you are over 50 yrs. Too much iron is very bad after 50 and also because of menopause. After 50 you don't need as much iron as you do during child bearing yrs. There are some fantastic high potency vitamins out there, with less iron and will help in the same way. (04/15/2006)

Growing Thick Hair

You can go to the drug store and get the product called "HAIR and NAILS," and it really works. My beautician was surprised at my age how thick my hair was. I'm 55 yrs. (05/07/2006)

By jbaby7162000

Growing Thick Hair

Use bay rum, and don't wash your hair every day. ;) (05/10/2008)

By Random

Growing Thick Hair

I've heard most of the things that others have said: massage scalp, hair, skin and nail vitamins (silica, biotin), overnight treatment with coconut oil, and Mane and Tail (contains silica). (08/12/2008)

By Gina

Growing Thick Hair

The only mask for hair that helped me is onion juice. It stinks, but it's worth it. If you do it twice a week, it will be very good. But the thing is you have to stick to it and actually do it. I was doing it for a month already. I was rubbing in onion juice into my scalp, and in about two weeks I noticed a lot of little new thick hairs growing and it stopped falling out. But also, it's a good idea to take vitamins and have a balanced diet so you can take care of your hair inside out. (02/16/2010)

By kam22

thick red hair
Growing Thicker Hair
Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips Thin HairMarch 2, 2010
A woman with long hair.
Growing Hair Faster
Woman holding a dog in arms.
Removing Pet Hair from Clothing
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
🎄