Making a Big Litterbox from a Storage Container

We made this litterbox out of a $4.00 tub. We used a dremel to cut the hole, It is bigger than the normal box and easier to open and clean.

By Karen

What a great idea. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you for this great idea & the picture too! ...I have 2 questions for you: I'm curious, do you leave the lid on all the time? I know cats can see in the dark but I was wondering if it was very dark in there, also does leaving the lid on cut down on odor? Secondly, do you use the "Clumping" type litter where you have to scoop it out every day or do you just dump the whole contents out weekly or twice weekly?

Yes, we leave the lid on all the time, unless it's being cleaned, the cats generally stick their noses out while in there! The kids take turns scooping the litter in the morning and evening. We use pefect litter. It comes in the mail monthly and the two bags last the two cats for the month. It's not cheap but may be frugal in the long run because I don't have to run out and get it.

We have been using the same kind of storage container for our cats for years! we leave the lid off and fill it with a full 20lbs of clumping kitty litter from zellers, only $8, no kitty litter on the floor, it tends to stay in the box, and the cats have some privacy when they are using it because of the height of the box. We scoop every day as we have 2 male cats who like it clean LOL If you have a zellers nearby, i don't think you can beat their "truly" brand of litter, its the best we've tried.And you don't need a refil very often iether, Blessings nallorey

I love the idea. My cat loves making a mess all over. With this litter box, less mess and a happy me.

Karyn

Excellent idea!

Homemade Cat Litter Box
Homemade Cat Litter Box Ideas
Pets CatsNovember 6, 2008
Fabric Covered Container
Making a Fabric Covered Container
Container Water Garden
Making a Container Water Garden
Yellow Lab puppy.
Litterbox Training a Puppy
Zipper Plastic Bottle Container
Zipper Plastic Bottle Container
🎉
🎄