Bathe Pets With Dawn to Kill Fleas

Our kittens had fleas. There were only 10 weeks old and the spray I had was for 12 weeks and older so I knew I couldn't use it on them. I called the veterinarian near us and they said to use Dawn dish soap to bathe them in. I had 2 small wash tubs. One filled with Dawn and warm water and the other warm water to rinse them in. They didn't seem to mind it at all. Then I went over there bodies with a soft brush to get the feces from the fleas and the dried blood by their ears washed off. The kittens are white so it was easy to see the fleas. I tried to pick the dead fleas off their skin. Then I patted them with a towel. This worked very well. The fleas seems to die instantly.

Source: My local vet.

By little suzy from Millbury, OH

Bathe Pets With Dawn to Kill Fleas

Sent this to my daughter-in-law who rescues lots of animals. She said Dawn dish soap is ok, but she finds Johnson Baby Shampoo works just as well, rinses out much easier and is nicer to their eyes than Dawn.

If I use dawn and water in a spray bottle and spay around the house will that get rid of the fleas

I will surely try this. I already had 3 dogs and rescued 2 dogs in a an 8 day period of time. Both were covered with fleas and one was a tiny baby. I use Dawn anyway, so its always handy. Thanks for real pet life saver.

I bathe my two little dogs yesterday and it did kill the fleas immediately. They went right down the drain. This will save you a lot of money instead of buying the flea medication which my two girls do not like. I believe it does have to be the original blue Dawn.

I have two cats and they absolutely freak when you put them in a tub. My older brother had suggested putting some water and dawn in a spray bottle and spraying down the cats and then rinsing them. We tried the squirt bottle and kind of petted the soap in to their fur (rubbing like you were petting them) and instead of putting them into the tub to rinse them off we set them on a towel and very gently poured some water on until all the soap was off. They were much calmer and it worked very well!

How often can I give them a bath using Dawn? Bad case of fleas here!

dawn for fleas
Dawn Dishsoap For Fleas
Pets FleasAugust 2, 2010
A cat scratching itself because it has fleas.
Treating a Cat With Fleas
A wall with fleas in it.
Fleas Inside of Walls
Dog Scratching at Fleas
Getting Rid of Fleas in Your Yard
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding. Upclose photo of a flea.
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding