Storing a 5th Wheel Trailer

I am new at camping. I have a 5th wheel trailer and want to know any winterizing or cleaning tips to prepare it for winter. It will be stored until May '06.

If I were you, I'd check with a dealer for details. We can get some very cold weather here, so have to prepare for freezing. I know in our camper, we have to make sure the water lines are drained and propane turned off. I also clean out all food, turn off the fridge and leave the door propped open - you dont want to miss something and have damage caused by cold weather.

before storing the Trailer for winter,BE SURE YOU UNDO THE BATTERY CABLES,and remove the battery if it's to be left outsside in the weather..the battery can freeze and burst or even blow up.set the battery on wood off the ground and cover with an old blanket or a cover from an auto parts store,etc.

drain ALL the water from the toilet [you'll probably have to use a cup to get to the bottom of a tank]depending on the style you have.] cover your air conditioners with waterproof covers,and unplug your refrigerator-turn off all propane to the trailer and you should be all set for the winter.

Travel and Recreation Recreation Camping AdviceSeptember 6, 2005
Wagon Wheel Doily
Making a Wagon Wheel Doily
Sky Blue Retro Travel Trailer 3
Buying a Used Travel Trailer
5th Birthday
5th Birthday Party Ideas
Camping With Travel Trailer
Traveling With a Camper or Trailer