Shower Curtain Keeps Falling Down

How can I keep a spring load shower curtain rod from falling down?

Robin from Utica, NY

Showing: Answers Sort

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I had this problem and I went to the hardware store and bought a package of two small round things that are meant to keep a closet rod in place. Each has a small hole in the center for a screw. Mine hasn't fallen down since.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Usually to adjust them you turn them in one direction (or the other), for either shortening or lengthening. Adjust it a little longer than you need and push in to put in place. They do loosen for some reason, so it may have to be adjusted periodically.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Katie 4 216 Flag

Take it down and screw it out until it is longer than the space between the two walls. Then you'll have to really PRESS it back up but it should hold.

If the problem is that your rod screws itself back in and gets too small that way . . . I'd say if some duct tape on it doesn't keep it from screwing itself in, pitch it and get a new one.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By brenda thompson 1 30 Flag

MY DAUGHTER HAD THE SAME PROBLEM . I HAD HER TAKE A COUPLE OF SMALL PIECES OF TRIM WOOD AND SCREW THEM UNDER EACH SIDE ONTO THE WALL. IT WAS JUST ENOUGH TO BRACE IT UP SO IT WOULDNT FALL.

HTH

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Mine started slipping because the rubber tips had lost their grippy surface and would slide down on the slick ceramic tile. I cut one inch squares (approx.) off one of my foam emery boards and placed them on both ends. The gritty texture helped grab each surface. I believe I've also used the plain tan emery boards in the same way....years ago. My daughter has used good old duct tape! Tear off a small strip and fold it up so it sticks to itself but also has the sticky side exposed on all sides. Stick that between the ends of the rod and the wall.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Home and Garden Repair Home BathroomApril 7, 2006
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Shower Curtain Rod
Uses for Shower Curtain Rods
Repairing a Leaky Shower Valve
Repairing a Leaky Shower Valve
Cleaning a Shower Curtain
Cleaning a Shower Curtain
Shower Enclosure
Cleaning a Shower Enclosure
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 11:25:20 PM on 10.0.1.208 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings