Hand Quilled Harvest Frame
This is relatively a simple quilling project. A 3x5 inch brown mat frame is embellished with beautiful quill work. Quill a flower with leaves and "V" scrolls, and a pumpkin in the grass. This can be put in a picture frame with your Pumpkin Patch picture, or in a scrapbook. This holds a 3x5 inch photograph.
Approximate Time: forty-five minutes
- 1 3x5 inch matt frame
- 5 - 6 inch yellow quilling strips
- 1 - 3 inch green/gray quilling strip
- 6 - 6 inch green quilling strips
- 2 - 3 inch green quilling strips
- 1 - 2 inch green quilling strip
- 1 - 1 inch green quilling strip
- 1 - 6 inch orange quilling strip
- slotted quilling tool or needle
Use your slotted quilling tool or needle to create shapes.
For the Flower:
- Create six yellow teardrop shapes. Refer to the picture and glue these together to form a flower. Create a green/gray tight coil and glue to the middle of the flower.
- From two 6 inch green quilling strips create two "V" coil shapes. Glue the bottom together up to 1/2 inch to form a stem. Glue these into flower referring to picture for placement.
- From two 6 inch green quilling strips create two leaf shapes and glue to the "V" shapes.
For the Pumpkin:
- From the 6 inch orange quilling strip create a loose coil. Set aside. From a 3 inch green quilling strip create a rectangular shape to represent the pumpkin stem. Glue to the pumpkin.
- From a 6 inch green quilling strip, create a "V" shape and glue the bottom together up to 1/2 inch. Glue to pumpkin next to stem. Refer to picture for placement.
- From a 3 inch green quilling strip, create a scroll shape and glue to the bottom of the "V" shape. (Again, refer to picture for placement if needed.)
For the Grass:
- From a 2 inch green quilling strip and a separate 1 inch green quilling strip, create irregular fan folds. Slightly open to represent grass.
- Glue all created pieces to the mat. Refer to the picture for placement. This mat holds a 3x5 inch photograph.
By Marianne from Monroe, IA
November 2, 20100 found this helpful
Wow! That's really neat and pretty!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 24, 2016 at 3:16:50 PM on 10.0.1.8 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us