Classic Pot Roast

• 1 Rump Roast - family of 4 with left overs*
  • 1 bag of baby carrots already washed and peeled (or peel and cut your own... lol)
  • Ad
  • 8 potatoes or more if you like, peeled and quartered for quicker cooking time.
  • optional red baby potatoes washed
  • any other veggies you like - my family is picky
  • Spices: lemon and herb seasoning or any seasoning of your choice
  • Optional: fresh sliced onion or 2 (I don't use it)
  • White wine with lemon - optional (I use it) But I love lemon! If you didn't notice :)

Instead of beef bouillon cubes - TRY this. It's in a jar and called Better Than Bouillon - Beef Base - put a little bit - you can always add more!

*I buy the one that looks the best rather then by weight! If it's too large, ask the butcher to cut it in half for you.

I make side dishes of canned corn and lesueur peas

Brown the meat on all sides with water on low heat and continue to add water as it evaporates.

After the meat is browned, add veggies, wine and seasoning (a few shakes of the Lemon and Herb). Put a little, you can always add more!

Fill the pot with water. Put meat fatty side to the bottom. If you can cover the meat with water great, otherwise you can cut the meat in half, especially if your family doesn't like to see any red on the meat!

If you can't cover the meat with water, turn the meat occasionally and keep the pot covered. You can put the cover to the side a bit so you don't get a mess on the stove top!

Add a teaspoon of Better Than Bouillon - you can add more later if needed!

Stir and cover the pot - bring it to a boil and then lower to medium heat to low heat (I have an electric cook top). Let it cook for at least 2 hours, check every so often to make sure water didn't evaporate too much. Add water as needed. Add more seasoning to taste, stir and cover pot!

When the potatoes are done - fork goes in easily - your post roast is also done. Although you can let it simmer until you're ready to serve!

If you want to make this for a large dinner party/buffet, ou can buy 2 or more rump roasts. Have the butcher slice the meat like roast beef cold cuts. Brown the slices on both sides using water. When you're done browning, follow recipe above!

I've done this. The meat still cuts like butter but it's a little dry. Still very tasty!!

By Mare from New York

Pot roast with potatoes and carrots.
Pot Roast Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Meats Beef RoastOctober 10, 2008
Beef Pot Roast
Cooking a Roast
Man choosing meat.
Using Cheaper Cuts of Meat
Crockpot Pork Roast
Crockpot Pork Roast Recipes
crochet strap for Crock Pot lid
Making a Crochet Crock Pot Strap