Christmas Card Tips

Category Cards
A woman and girl writing Christmas cards.
Whether you are making your own for mailing to family and friends or picking out the perfect one to slip a gift into, Christmas cards help send a message of cheer during this holiday. This is a guide about Christmas card tips.

Even if you don't want to send a big present - look for something you can slip into a greeting card - a pin - a bit of jewelry - a tiny book - and so on - It's easier, meaningful and thrifty.

By Pam from L.A., CA

I too do this. With a little thought, you can get very creative with special card size gifts that'll be very appreciated!

Here's a few more ideas:

Key Chain

Refrigerator Magnet

Lip Balm

Address Labels

Stickers

Memo Pad

Samples- Shampoo, Body Wash, Perfume

Coupons for your recipients favorite products

Gift Cards

Good Luck Charms

Car Air Freshener

Cell Phone Charm

Nail Kit

Glasses Kit

Luggage Tags

Gum/ Mints

Movie Tickets

Post Card- for those collectors

A small sachet for their lingerie drawer or to hang in their closet or bathroom. A delightful flavored teabag. My Sister sometimes includes a vegetable dip mix or spread mix for bagels. Anything extra would be a nice surprise!

I have a friend who wraps her packages at Christmas beautifully, but then throws away all the ribbon. Last year I wrapped all of my gifts with that ribbon and plan on using the rest this year. I have also used grosgrain ribbon or rick-rack and am always told how lovely my presents are!!

What a wonderful idea and a lovely gesture. I will have to pinch that one. :)

I love a beautiful bookmark and maybe a gift card for that book.

I always insert a stick-on address label with my address inside cards that I send. That makes it easier for the receiver so they don't have to hand address a card back to me. They also don't have to spend time looking up my address.

If the address labels are on a sheet, cut the label off with the paper still attached. If not, place it on a piece of wax paper. It will pull off easily and they can use it.

By Gladys Hill

"I think this is a mean idea. There are many people who are unable to afford a card plus postage and you are really obliging them to send you a card by return post. It would be far more polite to clearly and accurately write you name and address on the back of the envelope, then should they wish to send you a card they will."

It's not mean at all... you know who you are sending the card to, if you don't think they can afford a stamp, send them one of those too. Letting someone know you want to hear from them will be seen as mean. It's much more thoughtful than just an obligatory Christmas card. A lot of people are really bad about writing and like a friendly nudge (I am one of those people). :-)

Hmmm, it's interesting the different opinions on this one. i didn't think of it as a hint that the receiver had to send but as being thoughtful. It makes it easy to put your address in their address book, use it on a card or add it to your Christmas Card list. If I received an address label, I wouldn't have thought to take offense or that I had to send a card. I always send a card back to those that send me cards anyway.

-Susan from ThriftyFun

I think this is a great idea and I'd love for someone to do that for me. I think of it as a gift and something I can use to update my address book in a flash. I wouldn't even have thought that it implied I should send a card back. We've had quite a few marriages in our family this year, young college age couples who move frequently. What a snap it would be to paste it in my address book. Besides, true gifts don't come with strings. I don't think so anyway.

My mother send me address labels, for me to use and because she gets sooooo many of them. I use them because it lets her know that she has done something nice for me.

I send them to my sons because they always lose my address!?! Not sure on that one, LOL, but I agree that if you know the recipient, that you will know their reaction to the the labels.

Besides, anyone that sends me an easier way to do something is appreciated. It costs me less than a dollar to send a Dollar store card and a 39 cent stamp. Even less when I make the card. An that is still cheaper than sending a gift!

Gretta in Oklahoma

I think this is a mean idea. There are many people who are unable to afford a card plus postage and you are really obliging them to send you a card by return post. It would be far more polite to clearly and accurately write you name and address on the back of the envelope, then should they wish to send you a card they will.

i think it is sort of tacky to do that. it is almost like giving a gift but putting wrapping paper anda ribbon in the box so they will have it when they give you a gift (and that is what it is impling) they will have the paper and bow

This year I cut out the return labels of the cards I got last year, taped them to the cards that I sent out this year. Saved a lot of time of writing. I love the idea of sending out a address label too. I will keep that in mind for the coming years! Thanks for the great tip!~

For a festive mood during December buy a white gel pen to address the green/red envelopes or cards and letters you send.

By Melanie

Although this would be lovely for things you are delivering personally, please reconsider for envelopes going through the mail. If I use colored envelopes for Christmas cards, I often put white stickers on them and write the address clearly in black on the white labels. The folks in the Post Office who have to decipher your handwritten cards will be much more likely to be able to read them.

I've done this for awhile now at Christmas time, I even send my bills this way through the post office and no problems. The pens I'm talking about are very bright white and actually contrast very well to be seen on the green and red envelopes. For my bills in the month of Dec. I buy the envelopes and forgo the ones that come with the bills, and then write Merry Christmas on the back for whoever opens the envelope. I figure they could use a little cheer too.

But of course it's always important to be careful and have people feel safe though, so your idea is good as well.

Christmas card tips and ideas. Post your ideas.

Festive, quick and easy address labels

Use Avery #5162 or generic equivalent labels, and add a decorative graphic item like Christmas lights across the top, center your address. Print, using color cartridge!

Make master floppy disk with all the addresses; this makes it easy to print out and also to add and delete names to update each year.

By Syd

Hello All, I was looking for the Best personalized xmas greetings, to send via mail to my family abroad.

Fount this 3d Image funny tool that lets you greet in your own voice recorded by phone call - cool,

I'll suggest you to check it out,

very amusing :-)

http://greeting  ndex.php?UID=293