Two Ingredient Cake

Mix one chocolate cake mix, any brand and one can diet Pepsi. Stir as usual, bake as usual. Very moist and light.

If using a white cake mix, use Diet 7-UP.

Source: A friend told me this is the newest rage in her town, because it's low fat. I shared the cupcakes I made with a class of 12 year olds and they all agreed it was quite wonderful. But then, they'll eat anything!

By Mary from Vavenby, BC

wow, now thats a new one and worth a try as the regular cake mixes call for eggs, oil/butter and such. Two ingredients only would be wonderful. I will try after this Saturday (my shopping day) and repost a review on it. Thanks for sharing

Another very good 2 ingredient cake: one box of angel food cake mix and one 20 oz can of crushed pineapple. Combine and cook per directions on cake box.

Do you mix the other ingredients as well, or not?

It might be low fat, but it is not low sugar. And sugar is a far bigger problem than fat.

August 27, 2011 Flag
This is super easy, and if you have no eggs but want a cake, this is the recipe to use.

• 1 box cake mix, any kind
  • Ad
  • 1 (12 oz.) bottle or can of regular soda (or "pop") as we say in the Midwest (any kind)

Mix the soda in the cake mix and bake at regular time as instructed on box.

Servings: 24
Prep Time: 2 Minutes
Cooking Time: 35 Minutes

Source: Everyday Cheapskate

By Elaine S. from Near Cedar Rapids, IA

Oh, this is very interesting! How does the cake turn out? I've had pancakes made with pop, and they are light and delicious. Is this cake the same? Does it pick up flavor from the pop?

Sounds easy and i would like to try it. What do you frost it with? Thanks.

The only one I have made is with 7-up because that is what I had on hand. I used a lemon cake mix. I think you could frost it with whatever type frosting you like. I would probably make a buttercream and flavor it with lemon flavoring.

Two Ingredient Cake
Two Ingredient Cake Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Dieting Low FatApril 28, 2008
Yellow cake with chocolate frosting.
Homemade Yellow Cake Recipes
Vanilla cake with filling and vanilla frosting.
Vanilla Cake Recipes
Making a boxed cake mix.
Baking a Cake With Boxed Cake Mix
Baking Two Cake Flavors
Baking Two Cake Flavors in One Pan