Prevent Curly Bacon By Using Your Oven

To keep bacon from curling you can put it the oven. Line foil on a cookie sheet. Lay bacon slices one at a time next to each other on sheet. Put into a 350 degree F oven and bake till done. Keep an eye on it so you can take it out according to how you like it cooked. Soft or crisp.

Drain the grease before you take the bacon off. Bacon usually sticks a bit to the foil but is not hard to get off. Draining makes it easier for clean up. Just lift the foil off and throw away. My bacon has never curled using this method and does not take very long. Another bonus is that there is no splattering from the frying pan.

Source: I got this idea to put bacon in the oven when I worked in the elementary school kitchen. Everything was baked. This was years ago and now I am finding this tip on the food network.

By Shirley from Henderson, NV

I agree with you, baking is the easiest fastest way to make bacon without a mess, so I cut my package of bacon in half, then make a couple of jelly roll pans the same time then drain and keep it in the fridge for several days. It reheats in just a few seconds in the microwave, usually 10 to 15 seconds is enough for us. It's perfectly sized for sandwiches that way, too. By the way, use parchment paper and it won't stick... also, if you shake the bacon slices in a bag with a little flour, it's won't shrink as much.

I still like to save my bacon grease( Add to my corn bread ;). So I pan fry the bacon for a few minutes, drain off the grease and then put the slices in the microwave on folded paper towels (cover with another folded paper towel) for just the amount of time to brown and crisp it up the way I like it. It comes out flat and and less grease to eat. Makes a pretty BLT too. GG Vi

Several pieces of backing laying flat while sizzling in frying pan
Keeping Bacon From Curling
Food and Recipes Food Tips Cooking TipsOctober 21, 2008
Cooking bacon in microwave.
Cooking Bacon in the Microwave
bacon in a package
Freezing Bacon
Small Bowl of Imitation Bacon
Substitutions For Bacon
Saving on Bacon
Saving Money on Bacon
🎉
🎄