Uncovering Wicks In Pillar Candles

I love to use pillar candles for both decorating and to create a romantic mood at the dinner table. I have always hated having to throw away a tall candle that I could no longer reach the wick to light. Instead of paying for a gadget to address this, I use an old non-stick skillet on the stove. Hold the candle upside down and evenly circle it in the pan over low-med heat until the wick can be reached. The wax melts and can be poured into an empty can to dispose of.

By Peggy from Turlock, CA

To prevent this - simply "hug" your candle each time BEFORE you blow it out. Place both hands around the top of the candle and fold in the candle toward the wick, being careful not to drown the wick in the melted wax. BEFORE lighting the candle again - pinch the wick down about 1/4" . I promise at the end of the candle's life - there will be VERY LITTLE (if any) waste.

This and the other feed back are wonderful I already have a pan for melting stubs so this would work for the pillars great!! Thanx

I have used a long piece of dry spaghetti to light candles that I could no longer reach the wick with a lighter or match. Just hold the end of it in a flame until it's lit.

Renee

Hi Peggy from Turlock...I'm Selma from Modesto but now living in the Netherlands:) Just had to say hi...and your idea is great!!!

Better Living Green Living ReusingJanuary 22, 2007
🎄