Vomit Stain on Clothing

A year or so ago, while having the flu, I vomited all over 1 of my favorite shirts (that happened to be brand new). After scraping the nasty stuff off, I laundered it and was left with a huge grease like stain. The shirt is 100% cotton and dark brown in color. I tried scrubbing it with Shout and Tide and rewashing and it did nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Steve from Blair, NE

Hi, I use a product called Spray 'N Wash {laundry stain remover] it's a stain stick. I have tried it on grease stains, oil stains, food stains...sometimes even after it's been wash and dried. I do wet the stain first, then apply and let sit for about a half hour. It cost about $2.50 and it last a while. I've tried the spray types but, haven't found them to work as well.

Thirty years ago a co-worker told me to use hairspray as a stain remover. Something in it breaks up stains so they can be washed away. I've never known it to fail.

I saved several of my husband's grease-stained shirts from the rag bag by spraying WD-40 on the stain, then rubbing Dawn or other dish soap into it, letting it sit for a minute, then washing as usual. These had already been previously washed and dried, too. Something about the oil in the spray reactivates the grease in the stain, and the Dawn takes the grease right out!

A can of regular coke should help to get a grease stain out. Let it soak in for a while then launder as usual. If there is still a smell in the shirt from the vomit you need to soak in borax.

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsJanuary 22, 2008
Cleaning a Leather Couch
Vomit on a Leather Couch
rusty tools
Removing Rust Stains from Fabric and Clothing
Man Holding Burger with Mustard Stain on his Tie
Removing Mustard Stains from Clothing
Cleaning Carpet
Removing Vomit Stains from Carpet
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 21, 2017 at 4:45:58 PM on 10.0.0.173 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.