Chai Tea Mix Recipe

I am looking for a Chai tea recipe that doesn't call for as much sugar.

By Debbie from Buckley, WA

Here is a recipe I saved from online. You could always cut down on the sugar amount. ENJOY!

1/2 cup instant tea

1/2 cup nonfat dry milk

1/4 cup powdered coffee creamer

1/2 cup white or (better) brown sugar

1 tablespoon instant vanilla pudding mix

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon ginger

1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

1/4 teaspoon ground cloves

1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom

1/8 teaspoon black pepper

In a resealable container combine all of the ingredients and stir with a fork or a whisk to distribute everything evenly. Store on the pantry shelf.

To Prepare: Combine 3 tablespoons Chai Tea Mix with 1 cup boiling water. Stir well to dissolve. Sip and savor.

Cardamom is the ingredient that gives this recipe an authentic Indian flavor. To tell the truth though, it can be expensive and hard to find. If desired you can omit it completely or replace it with an equal amount of allspice.

It will not be authentic Chai at that point, but it will be authentic Spiced Milk Tea, which is pretty much what Chai means. Some people add ground fennel or lemon peel to their Chai. I prefer this recipe made with brown sugar, but white sugar is cheaper and makes a prettier mix. Feel free to experiment with the flavors as you see fit.

This is a recipe from my friend who was born and raised in India. It is simple and VERY delicious.

simmer and bring to a boil:

2c.milk (or 1/2-n-1/2)

4 c. water

1" unpeeled ginger root

1/2 tsp. cardomon, crushed

1/2 tsp. broken cinnamon stick or about 1" stick

6 whole cloves

once it turns to a gentle boil - don't scald- so still often, then turn off burner, place lid on pan and let the flavors steep.

To serve:

place hot chai milk mixture (above) in a cup just half way and add brewed tea, sweetned to your taste...usually 1 tsp of any kind of sugar or suppliment works. Store the milk in the frig, and don't forget it is delicious over ice.

enjoy.

I just get the Bigelow chai tea bags at my grocery store. After steeping a bag, I just add two packets of Splenda and a dollop of milk. Taste almost like Starbuck's.

Use honey or palm sugar, if you don't like sweet tea.I make my own chai tea. I use a 2 tbs full cream powdered milk. 1/2 cup fresh full cream milk. 1/2 cup water. Five Roses tea bag. 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder. 1/2 tsp fennel powder. 1/2 tsp cardamom powder. Put all into a milk pot and bring to a boil and add your sweetener. You can use whole spices and grind and store in an airtight container and use whenever you want to.

Chai Tea Mix Recipes
Chai Tea Mix Recipes
Holidays and Parties Christmas Gifts Jar MixesMarch 9, 2010
Chex Mix
Homemade Chex Mix Recipes
Tea Cup and Saucer on White Background
Crafts Using Tea Cups and Saucers
Crochet top pin cushion, a craft found on Thriftyfun. Submitted by a member.
Making a Tea Cup Pincushion
Chai Tea Latte
Chai Tea Latte Recipes
🎉
🎄