Brew Tea in a Coffee Maker

When I make iced tea I always make it with my coffee maker. I make 2 separate gallons. I put 8 teabags in the brew basket where the coffee and filter would go and brew a full pot. I use that for sweet Iced tea. Pour into gallon jug add water and sugar.

For the second gallon, keep the 8 teabags in the coffee maker and add 2 fresh teabags, brew another pot, just as good, add a package of unsweetened lemonade or raspberry for tea cooler. Sweeten to taste.

Source: my mom

By diamondee from NY

I've found that if you open the tea bags and pour it in the filter like you do ground coffee, it is even stronger so you may have to use fewer tea bags.

Or just place tea bags into a large empty juice container with plain ole' hot tap water, by the next morning or that eve. It tastes excellent.

June 11, 2010 Flag

I have found an excellent way to brew tea without a tea maker. I have a small 4 cup coffee pot and I put 2 teabags in the carafe and fill the top with cold water. In no time I have tea without boiling water in stove or microwave. Works well for me!

Source: A hairdresser shared this tip with me.

By Elaine from Iowa

Brew Tea in a Coffee Maker

The only problem here is that the water in the coffee maker isn't boiling - and you must have boiling water to make good tea. Sorry - guess it's because I'm English! (12/04/2008)

By Joankay

Brew Tea in a Coffee Maker

I make tea this way all the time. It's doesn't have to boil to be good. I also use my coffee maker for coffee, after cleaning out the flavor of the tea. Saves so much space on your counter top- one appliance.

I fill my pitcher with ice cubes, sweeten my tea, pour tea over the ice. Stir, you got an easy way to make ice tea. Saves lots of time, also. We in the south love our sweeten ice tea year around. (12/04/2008)

Brew Tea in a Coffee Maker

I do the same thing because the ice tea maker my son bought conked out after only a month. Another thing you could try is to put the tea bags in a container of tap water the night before and let it steep in the fridge. (12/04/2008)

By Edith

Brew Tea in a Coffee Maker

You are right. You have a better cup of tea if the water is boiling but this was a suggestion to help out in a pinch; at work for instance. I guess I didn't know better because just my ancestors came from England! LOL (12/04/2008)

tea mug
Tea Making Tips
Food and Recipes Food Tips BeveragesJune 11, 2010
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
Coffee Maker
Other Uses for a Coffee Maker
cup of coffee
Making Coffee Without a Coffee Maker
Homemade yogurt in jars.
Using an EasiYo Yogurt Maker