Reuse Air Conditioning Water in the Garden

I noticed water coming from a pipe from in the attic of the house and traced it back to the unit for an air conditioner, that is in the attic of a lot of Florida homes. The pipe came out at the bottom of the foundation. I was installing a patio and didn't want the water running on to the patio.

I drilled a hole through the wall and moved the pipe coming out of the wall to where it was 7 feet off the ground, and made sure the pipe is at a slight angle so as the water runs free. I moved it outside of the patio area and put a fifty gallon garbage can under the pipe dripping and collect the water. I also installed a plastic valve at the bottom of the drum so I could hook up a hose to it and I water my garden with the water coming from the air condition unit. I have the plastic container off of the ground about a foot so as the water will drain out the hose.

With the weather so hot it takes about 1-2 days to fill the 50 gallon plastic garbage barrel. Usually the drain pipe is 3/4 or smaller plastic pipe

Source: None that I know of. I had an Air condition Rep. here to service it and he has been in business for over 10 year and never saw any thing like it before

By Leonard from S. Daytona,Fl.

Watering the Garden
Conserving Water in the Garden
Better Living Green Living ReusingSeptember 14, 2009
A/C Heater Vent
Ford F150 Air Conditioner Blowing Hot Air
Silver pot with steam coming out of it against black background
Using Cooking Water for Watering Plants
Air Ionizer and Purifier for Allergies
Improving Indoor Air Quality
Bright Orange plastic mesh snow fence in a field of snow
Conserve Water With A Snow Fence
🎄