Cat Repellent Spray

I know there is a spray that you spray around your house where you don't want dogs to go. Is there also a spray to keep cats away? There are tons of cats around my house and you can smell cats when you leave the house.

Jamish from Tribune, KS

Best Answer

My friend had a big problem with cats peeing and pooing in his garden. His solution? He got a spray bottle and mixed water, Tabasco sauce, and pee. Yes, he used his own pee, not a lot. The mix was mostly water, so people could not smell it, even in hot summer. He hardly saw a cat, or cat mess in his garden after that.

What a cruel human being to use hot sauce. There are other options. Cats would be afraid and scatter if you screamed but I think because this is an annoying issue revenge was what you wanted. How about TNR to help reduce tha cat population?

Best Answer

Cats don't like a citrus smell, and so spreading orange or lemon peels will help. What I used when I had a stray cat spraying the front of my house was lemon scented Mr. Clean. I doused the sprayed spot with this, and this seemed to discourage the stray cat.

I have used pellets to spread on the ground that I got from a hardware store, but they had an odd smell that I found disturbing. The cats didn't like it either, but I prefer the Mr. Clean idea. The pellets had to be reapplied after every rain.

NOTE: One thing not to use is moth balls. They keep the cats away all right, but they smell much worse than the cat smell. Besides, they are toxic to many other things, including people.

moth balls do not work !!!

Moth balls are good. Put them in a plastic container, like an old coffee container or an empty milk container. Poke holes in the side to let the smell out and place between your bushes. Put some balls in a plastic bag and crush them up with a meat club, mix in some red pepper, and then throw the mixture around your yard. Crushed Tylenol in some cat food also does the trick.

Straight bleach in my kitchen trash can worked. I used a spray bottle to dowse the smelly food type items and the edge of the can, and after two weeks they are leaving it alone. I still have the occasional mishap but it's no longer every night. Caution: Will kill grass and discolor some siding and paint.

Should keep kitties off the porch. Or you can try a "Citrus" mix of lemon juiuce, and a cheap cleaner.

Petsmart carries a number of sprays that you can use. We have the same problem with a neighbor's cat "spraying" outside our house. We use a brand called Indoor/Outdoor Pet Control. It seems to work pretty well. We just leave the can outside in our bushes and spray the area the cat seems to "target" every day or so.

I heard that you can put vinegar in a spray bottle and put it where you dont want them to go.

Cats hate the smell of citrus. You can scatter any citrus peels around your house. I have also used orange oil sprinkled around my house and around the border of my flower beds.You can buy orange oil from health food stores or in the candle making supply section of any craft store. Do not buy the stuff you use for making candy that you find in the grocery store. It isnt the same. ~Janette~

I have read where you can spray cheap perfume/cologne (like from the Dollar Store) around where you don't want the cats & if will keep them away.

Hi! Once I found an ad in one of those Carol Wright catalogs it was selling bags smelling of mountain lion; the ad stated that mountain lion smell would keep small animals and even deer away from gardens.

Go to a pet store. They have digferent kinds of cat repellents

Homemade Cat Repellents
Homemade Cat Repellents
Pets CatsMarch 13, 2009
Two kids standing in the rain wearing colorful rain boots.
Making Fabric Water Repellent
Spider on web with dew drops on it.
Spider Repellent Recipes
Multidirectional Spray Bottle
Making a Multidirectional Spray Bottle
Spray bottle of perfume.
Repairing A Perfume Spray Nozzle
🎄