Browsing: Reducing Junk Mail

Do You Get Lots of Junk Mail When Ordering Sample Products?

I apologize for the 'lateness' of this question. A few weeks ago, I read about how you can get product samples and give them to homeless shelters. I LOVE this idea but I have a question for those who order samples. Do you get junk snail mail or other spam because of this? If so, how do you handle this problem?

That's my only concern otherwise, I'd sign up for everything. Please let me know the answer to my question. If my concerns aren't a problem, I look forward to helping out others by doing this simple thing.

Dawn from Apple Valley, MN

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Hi--I think it was my tip that I submitted that you're referring to! :) So far, I haven't had a big problem with a lot of spam, etc. In some cases, if they ask for an e-mail address, I use one that I rarely use. Then if I get any kind of ad from them I just delete it right away. Also, I just give the bare minimum information--that is, I don't fill in any of the "optional" information boxes. Of course, I can't guarantee that you wouldn't get spam--it depends on the company, I suppose. I just think this is a pretty simple way that I can try to help out, while being on a limited budget myself! Some people may not be comfortable with having to give their information to get the samples, but if you don't mind, it's an easy way to help out! Glad you liked the tip!

Yes, that's one of the big drawbacks of free samples.

If I don't want emails from the company, I'll opt out by choosing the "Unsubscribe" option, generally at the bottom of the email.

I have also gotten some free samples from Walmart. I just fill in the name & address section of the form to receive my sample and I haven't received any junk mail and very minimal junk emails. Many of the companies ask for additional information and if you're willing to review their product, but I choose not to fill in that part of the form.

I have more than 1 address & only give out my dummy address to companies. You are usually allowed more than 1. Hope this helps.

Mailbox overflowing with junk mail.
Reducing Junk Mail
Consumer Advice General AdviceJanuary 31, 2008
Junk Mail or Email Spam
Preventing Junk Mail or Email Spam
Pile of Junk Mail
Disposing of Junk Mail
Sample Sized Beauty Items
Uses for Sample Sized Beauty Products
Use Paint Colour Strips As Wall Pockets
Reusing Sample Paint Swatches