Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Repelling Stains On Shower Doors

Dirty glass shower doors are a pain to clean. Start with CLR. To clean glass thoroughly, you can also use a tooth brush to get in between the doors with CLR on it.

After shower doors are clean and dry, apply Turtle Wax like you would on a car's finish. Buff in a circular motion and letting dry to a powder white, then buff all residue off. This will repel water and soap scum for a long period of time. Next time when you see it wearing off, clean doors with Windex and reapply Turtle Wax.

by yorkiepoo from Kansas

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Deanj01/29/2010

After the glass doors are cleaned all you have to do to keep them clean is wipe the doors after each shower with a cloth. I use a towel. No need for wax. been doing it for years and have no soap build up on my shower walls.

By DEBY [18]01/28/2010

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Repel Water Stains and Soap Scum on a Shower Door

I am moving into a new home, any suggestions on what to use on brand new, clear shower doors to repel water stains and soap scum?

Lisa L from Auburn, CA

RE: Repel Water Stains and Soap Scum on a Shower Door

Use rain-x. We use it on our windshields of the car and the water just rolls off. available at wal-mart or automotive stores. (07/09/2006)

By crafty

The best thing to do is use good old car wax. Just like it protects a car from the soap/hard water at car was it will protect finish on tub and make it easier to clean. You will need to reapply wax again after several months. To help it last longer, rinse tub and walls/tiles with clear water after use. (07/13/2006)

By ckschmidt74

But don't let the wax go on the floor! (07/13/2006)

By cookwie

The easiest thing is to prevent the soap build up.All you have to do is wipe down the shower and glass after every use of the shower with a towel.I do this every time and never have any soap scum build up. Otherwise you can spent a few hours every month or so looking cleaning for a solution to the soap problem (07/14/2006)

By dean

new shower doors

My granite shower with the 3/4 inch glass door was installed 4 years ago. I was worried about water spots and soap scum. The tech who installed the doors suggested Rain z from Kmart. You spray it on and then buff it out. Keeps them shining and clear. I clean the shower every week and reapply. easy and cheap. LOVE MY RAIN X (06/26/2008)

By Becky