Getting Rid of Moths in Closet

I can't get rid of moths in my closet. I have tried cedar planks, lavender, but nothing seems to work. What else can I try? I am desperate, the moths are eating my clothes.

By Betty from Simi Valley, CA

If possible, I would completely empty the closet and hang the clothing outside. I would wash/clean everything I could. Wipe the shelves down, vacuum thoroughly. Once clean, find an insect spray that states on the label that it kills moths and spray the closet well and close it up for a day or two. Open it up to let any odor dissipate, then put only the clean things back in. Discard/replace any boxes or paper in there, or seal it in plastic bags. If there is anything you cannot clean, try putting it in plastic and putting it in the freezer for a few days. Good luck!

Before replacing clothing, you may need to place them in the clothes dryer on the hottest temperature they can tolerate or brush the clothing down with clothes brush both inside and out. Heat from a couple of cycles in the dryer, especially for sturdier items, usually kills insects. Clean empty closet as meticulously as possible.