Reusing Cabinet From Cabinet TV

I have one of the old cabinet-style TVs that no longer works. The cabinet is in good condition, I hate to toss it. Anyone have ideas for something else the cabinet could be used for?

kmc from Western Colorado

We had one that my husband used it to store our old lp albums in. This one had a door but you could buy louvered doors and put on it to store just about anything in it.

We used to have a TV repair and sales shop, so we often got in old TVs. Most weren't good for anything, but once we got one that was a dry sink in dark pine, just the color of my mother's dining room furniture. We took it to some Mennonites to have them put doors on it and shelves inside. It made a wonderful addition to her dining room and stores a lot of dishes. Some people made desks out of them or bookcases.

I have a nice one in my living room that has doors. I just put one shelf in it and it has been amazingly useful, holding all kinds of things that don't look so good sitting out. Telephone books, cameras, batteries, that kind of thing.

Also, I have several power tools mounted on top of old TV cabinets, since they are VERY strong.

If the cabinet has doors, they make great liquor cabinets.

I immediately thought a fish tank! Wouldn't that be interesting!

My father-in-law made a sweater cabinet out of one. He fashioned a drawer that went into the space of the TV.

Our uncle had a really nice one. After the TV went out, he bought louvered shutters for doors, stained them to match, and converted it into a liquor cabinet. It would have served the purpose for storage for anything though.

Old Cabinet TV
Uses for Old Cabinet TVs
Home and Garden Home Improvement FurnitureOctober 9, 2008
Cabinet Door
Keeping Cabinet Doors From Slamming Shut
Filling Holes in Cabinet Doors
Filling Holes in Cabinet Doors
Bungalow style kitchen cabinet with glass paned doors.
Cleaning Glass Doors on Wood Furniture
A medicine cabinet door with a child lock on it to help it stayed closed.
Bathroom Cabinet Door Won't Stay Closed
🎄