Freezing Fruit for Pies

I take the fruit I grow and prepare pie filling as if I was going to bake a pie and then freeze it in a freezer bag. I put a pies worth of filling in a freezer bag so that I can quickly put together a pie when I am ready to do some baking.

By Jan

The Farm Journal PIe Cookbook has this idea: Line a pie pan with freezer wrap and place the prepared fruit pie filling, made with tapioca, in the pan. After the filling is frozen, lift it out of the pan and wrap securely. When ready to use, unwrap, place in pie shell, dot with butter and put on top crust. Bake as usual but just for 5-10 minutes longer. Very quick pie with very little work.

Pie Filling
Freezing Pie Filling
Food and Recipes Freezing Fruit and BerriesJune 3, 2004
Baking Fruit Pies
Baking Fruit Pies
Frozen peach slices.
Freezing Peaches
Pile of fresh cherries in front of a jar of cherry jam.
Canning Cherries
Freezing Pumplin Pies
Freezing Pumpkin Pies