Junk Jewelry From Remnants

I use remnants from the jeans projects that I've done and turned them into junk jewelry like I've seen selling close to $100

By Kate from Singapore

Kate, that is fantastic! You're showing us what can be done! How about some instructions? Are you glueing or soldering? --- Coreen

Your picture isn't real clear what the item is. Please send more pictures and explaining your procedure.

I'll try my best to discribe how I did it. First I use 0.9mm stainless steel wire to create the 'outline' which, in this case is oval shape. I then weave the wires around the oval shape to crisscross each other. This then from the 'skeleton' for me to weave whatever I have in mind to make up this pandent. Next I would weave the bigger peices like belt loop, fabric and button onto the pandent with very fine wire.(for this piece, I choose copper wire for contrast. Then u can start adding beads that compliments the pandent. This is the first time I'm trying to post instructions. Hope its helpful. Here is another peice I did using just the zipper from the jeans and a stripe of leather. For this piece, after weaving, I use hot gun glue to secure it on the back since no wire is used to secure it.

Want to see more pictures? Locate me at facebook Kate Khwa-Singapore

Wonderful. Your pieces would look great with a plain black knit top, to accentuate the wonderful details, or as you show it with white fur. Jeans never go out of style.

Love this!

I really like this picture but would like to see more.

Old Jewelry in Box
Recycled Jewelry Craft Ideas
Crafts Recycled Crafts JewelryJanuary 4, 2008
Stack of Fabric Remnants
Crafts Using Fabric Remnants
Making Creamer Carton Pull Tab Rings
Making Creamer Carton Pull Tab Rings
Making Recycled Cardboard Tape Roll Bangles
Storing Carpet Remnants
Storing Carpet Remnants
🎉
🎄